Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alex Johnson reinjures knee

There aren't any statistics on failure rates of the wide varieties of ACL reconstruction types, and there is nothing to say that LARS is any more risky than traditional, except that Doc Larkins seems to think so. The surgical methods vary as much as the materials used. Without knowing the specifics, it would seem that if AJ had an infection it had more to do with causes not related to the material used as infections are not normal regardless of the type of surgery. So we shouldn't prejudge what future treatment is best. If he has a LARS, then perhaps he can return in round 1 next year. If he has a traditional, he will likely miss most or all of next year as well.

Senior Player
    Can we change the thread title?

New interview. leaning towards hybrid lars again, still undecided. Will choose after knee settles down from cleanup and a trip to the US.
    SwansTV: Alex Johnson injury update - sydneyswans.com.au

As someone whose own footy career was over before it began due to illness, I greatly admire Alex's resilience and determination to get back on the paddock. Let us hope it's all clear sailing for the lad from here on in. What I still don't understand is why was he permitted to play before his infected knee had cleared up?

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Is it possible to at least put a date on this thread title? Every time I see it my heart sinks thinking he's done it AGAIN.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123