Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for the Pies

Interesting, but our depth is actually lacking in a weird way.

Aside from B. Jack (and Biggs who is injured/not ready), it is very hard to think of another small/running type of player to come in.

Ins. K Jack, Tippett or Naismith.
    Outs. Cunningham, Rampe or Laidler

Long Term Injury List
    One out could be McVeigh. Just heard he has been charged for striking! Didn't hear the whole announcement so not sure who he hit.

Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    One out could be McVeigh. Just heard he has been charged for striking! Didn't hear the whole announcement so not sure who he hit.
    Reprimand + demerit points so Macca will play. For elbowing off Rhys Palmer.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Interesting, but our depth is actually lacking in a weird way.

Aside from B. Jack (and Biggs who is injured/not ready), it is very hard to think of another small/running type of player to come in.
    Depends on how far down the list you go. Lloyd, Robinson, Perris, Jones are all small, running type players. None has the speed of Jetta (or even BJ or Cunningham) but they are all small running players. It's questionable whether Towers is small but he's about the same height as Biggs and he is certainly quick (ala BJ or Cunningham).

I always keep thinking Towers is really tall due to his name.

Veterans List
    Hanners doesn't play well in the wet and he had better get used to being tagged every game.
    Cunningham is an incredibly outside player and appeared to disappear when the rain came. One great spoil doesn't make a season Harry.
    Laidler had some ok stats but got beaten in contests time and again. Like the rest of our backs he couldn't keep his feet.
    Rohan 5 kicks and 4 handpasses. Wasted up forward and should now be put into the fray to see how he cuts it. Use his pace for goodness sake. He has to start getting some serious stats.
    2 rucks appear to be the go and you can't bring Tippett back and throw him into the ruck first up. Doesn't make sense to expect him to ruck given he will be down on match fitness.
    I would drop Laidler and Cunningham. Who knows who comes in but one ought to be a ruck and Jack if fit. With ROK starting on the bench (ludicrous selection) and Jack out it is no wonder our mids got done. We can't underestimate the importance of K.Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Laidler had some ok stats but got beaten in contests time and again. Like the rest of our backs he couldn't keep his feet.
    I watched the replay and he didn't get beaten in any marking contests. As far as I could tell, he was never beaten in any situation inside the defensive 50, no goals were kicked on him and I don't think he missed a target by foot. He did nothing spectacular, but was one of our most solid players. Can't imagine who would take his place anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    In - K.Jack, Tippett
    Out - Liadler, ROK

Go tall in forward line - Tippett, Franklin, Reid

Tall in Backline - Grundy, Richards, LRT

Ruck Options 60% Pyke, 20% Tippett, 20% LRT

Keep the speed - Rohan, Jetta, Cunningham ( Sub) Shaw, Mglynn

Improved midfield effort from Kennedy, Jack, Mcviegh, Hannas, Bird, Mitchell and Parker!
    My gut feeling is that our coaches are considering the best way for us to be a GF winning team is to get a season of games into a couple of players that will be critical in match ups come finals time.

So keeping the speed makes a lot of sense to me also...........the fall back is that we can always go back to slower in and under players mid season onwards anyway if not a successful strategy going for speed!

Well speed worked for GWS anyway
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post

LRT to follow Jesse White into the ruck and into attack!
    I agree with this.

LRT can't match White for speed or raw skill...but his combativeness will unsettle White, and win out in the end.......I hope ( he says thinking back to the Adelaide game last year).

Lets hope invisible Jesse shows up.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    The key change is off-field and has flown under the media radar : unlike last week , I will be at the game and will shout us to victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansinger View Post
    The key change is off-field and has flown under the media radar : unlike last week , I will be at the game and will shout us to victory.
    +1 for this Ill be at every game from now till the bye with the exception of Freo in Rd 5 and the Dawks in Rd 8.

Someone will have to make up for me at those two, but for the rest of them, if they attempt to play that c**p again, they'll be hearing about it from the bleachers. I might even bring along my computer Keyboard that is a bit worse for wear after mysteriously flying across the room after McVeigh did that kick in - if anyone does anything that stupid again, it'll be flying towards them
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast