Adam Goodes Knee 4-5 weeks
    Kieren Jack Back Test
    Alex Johnson Knee Season
    Lewis Roberts-Thomson Groin Test
    Kurt Tippett Knee 2-3 weeks
    Tommy Walsh* Hamstring 4-5 weeks
    *Placed on the club's long-term injury list

AFL Injury Update, Official Injury List AFL - AFL.com.au

That is such a bad injury list for this time of year.
    Arguably our 2 best players not available for up to the first month of the season.
    To see AJ's name on that list again is a tragedy. This bloke could be Sydney's Neale Daniher. I hope not.

Terrible for Alex J.

Here's the Matt Cameron explanation: Arthroscope first for luckless Johnson
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Veterans List
    I see Ben Reid and Jesse will be available for the Pies next week. Given our situation I reckon the $2.65 on offer for the Pies is tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I see Ben Reid and Jesse will be available for the Pies next week. Given our situation I reckon the $2.65 on offer for the Pies is tempting.
    The pies at any price, given their form recently against us at ANZ (that wonderful final apart) would be a good price. Might put $20 on them at some stage, that way if we get beat again, at least I'll have paid for my trip up the highway to see more disappointment.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

i'm by no means a medical expert, but i'm starting to think they threw johnson back in a little to early. all the articles about his injury refer to some sort of existing inflammation in his knee. this has obviously been an ongoing issue, so why did they risk it?? particularly in a guy who already failed in the first knee reco

as for the injury list itself, i'd say we're in a pretty good position (especially compared to some other clubs). jack had a stiff back and lrt a sore groin, so they're pretty certain for rd 2 (lrt a 50/50). the goodes injury gives us more time to prepare for his eventual retirement and hopefully the delayed start will keep him fresh for the end of the year. the tippett injury is much better to have now than later in the year, but lets hope its not recurring. and i hate to sound like a pessimist, but i cant see walsh getting back in the team or staying here any longer than season's end (its been well documented that he's considered going back home)

Is Lance injured also?
    "Lance" is not a dirty word