Thread: Nick Smith: 100 games

Blog Entries

Nick Smith: 100 games

Assuming he plays this weekend

? Round 2 vs. Collingwood

He flies under the radar, but Nick Smith?s on-field contribution can?t be underestimated. Often charged with keeping the opposition?s best small forward under wraps, Smith has proven to be an invaluable member of the Swans defensive unit. This season, Smith is set to play his 100th game for the Swans, and it could take place in the Swans? first home game for the season against Collingwood at ANZ Stadium.

He flies under the radar
    Compulsory wording when writing about Nick Smith.

Also accepted is 'underrated'
    -

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I believe some members of this forum would add "eligible".
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

there were lots of people saying he was about to move back to Melbourne last year and in the off season. How wrong they all were. This is our future captain. He epitomises what it takes to be a great AFL footballer. Nobody can tell me he is not a great footballer because he almost always beats the best in the business week in week out. dedicated, hard, determined, talented. as a junior he was considered better than Cyril & he still beats Cyril. He is now a Swan until 2016. I bet he upgrades then too.

Nick Smith is close to my favourite swan (just pipper by KJ!). I love the way he goes about his work - never one to even make the headlines, but he is one of the classiest, if not arguably the best, small defenders in the competition. A fine, fine player, and I hope that one day we will see him bring up 300 games in Red and White (and hopefully have a couple more Premiership medallions as well!)

Well done Nick Smith, and I hope the boys are up for your 100th and get the job done, as it is the least you deserve!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I like Nick Smith...it is a shame he has been trapped into that close down backman as his hands are excellent.He would be a great inside midfielder.......RESPECT
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine