Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Round 1: Brisbane Lions Reserves v Sydney Swans Reserves @ Gabba

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Not up to your standards ugg, but they must feel the heat of you knocking on the door.

I wonder if the plan is to highlight a few players, or they will build to reporting on the whole squad in the future, as the Lions seem to do.
    Small steps first Ludwig. I'm happy they're starting to give more attention to the reserves report, which had been scaled back since Crouchy took over from Frosty, perhaps due to Crouchy's other commitments. With Francou now on board, they'll have more resources to devote to this aspect of the club.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Interesting to combine the 3 reports, from BL website, Afl Swans and Crouchy. Nine players got a mention, Dick, Robinson, Biggs and Alir got two mentions and Membrey, Towers, Lloyd, Laidler and Naismith all got one.

This leaves Lockyer, Jack, Marsh and XR of the 2nd year and plus players who didn't catch anyone's eye! However as players are sometimes given roles or matchups that don't allow them to stand out, that might not mean too much. Sounds like a pretty good performance all round, except for the kicking for goal!

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Interesting to combine the 3 reports, from BL website, Afl Swans and Crouchy. Nine players got a mention, Dick, Robinson, Biggs and Alir got two mentions and Membrey, Towers, Lloyd, Laidler and Naismith all got one.

This leaves Lockyer, Jack, Marsh and XR of the 2nd year and plus players who didn't catch anyone's eye! However as players are sometimes given roles or matchups that don't allow them to stand out, that might not mean too much. Sounds like a pretty good performance all round, except for the kicking for goal!
    I believe it was incredibly wet up there so the ball might just have been very slippery.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Small steps first Ludwig. I'm happy they're starting to give more attention to the reserves report, which had been scaled back since Crouchy took over from Frosty, perhaps due to Crouchy's other commitments. With Francou now on board, they'll have more resources to devote to this aspect of the club.
    Hank?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Hank?
    Right of course, now I need to amend my mnemonic for remembering Swans reserves coaches

Instead of LAMC - Let's All Malign Collingwood
    it should be LAMPC - Lefties Always Make Poor Coaches

Longmire, Allison, McPherson, Playfair, Crouch.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Right of course, now I need to amend my mnemonic for remembering Swans reserves coaches

Instead of LAMC - Let's All Malign Collingwood
    it should be LAMPC - Lefties Always Make Poor Coaches

Longmire, Allison, McPherson, Playfair, Crouch.
    Try CLAMP.

Good to start with a winning coach.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    That was a good report from the club and I hope it is the beginning of a trend. Encouraging to both the players and us followers, and I appreciate it. There is something about Crouch's approach that really appeals to me; I think he has another great career coming up.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    That was a good report from the club and I hope it is the beginning of a trend. Encouraging to both the players and us followers, and I appreciate it. There is something about Crouch's approach that really appeals to me; I think he has another great career coming up.
    Maybe in 2018 ???

Stats are up http://neafl.com.au/fileadmin/user_u...s_vs_Swans.pdf

Towers only had 14 touches and looks like Naismith was the main ruckman with 41 hitouts to Nanka's 10. Certainly dominated the match with 100+ more possessions and 36 more inside 50s.

Venue - Bruce Purser Reserve....

Does it have a Vulture St end???
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456