Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 2014, @sydneyswans v Magpies

Silver lining.

Senior Player
    Swans by 51.
    BOG ? Kieren Jack or Nick Malceski.Jetta maybe.
    But Cloke will play well - Reg will need a LOT of help.

BTW - is bus and rail travel still free for ticket-holders for ANZ games ??

Saints win makes our GWS loss look even worse. Pies by 36.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    IMO Saints are wooden spooners so just makes you wonder how the hell we let GWS beat us! If form line holds true then we can't win tonight but I'm very much hoping that R1 was an abberation.

I must say that watching Hawthorn, Essendon and just now Port Adelaide makes me wonder if our ball movement is sharp enough to be a contender. Please please play really well and win tonight Swans (please)!

Senior Player
    Oh , nearly forgot - any progress with diversifying the chanting ? You know , something a bit more than "short Sydney" and "long Sydney" ?
    Obviously with Jude and Mummy gone , we have lost two players who'd been honoured with songs.

I'm struggling with any positive creativity , but here's what I will be directing at the Pies tonight :

1)Nick-y Mx-well , Nick-y Maxwell , you're not captain any more ...aneee morreee... you're not captain any more ! (Bread of Heaven)

and of course :

2)La-La Mumba - Para Bailar La Mumba - se necessita una poca de gracia !

I intend to get my whole aisle rockin' and joining in.
    But if they don't - well , I've never been scared of going it alone

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Did you think GWS were good before today?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Did you think GWS were good before today?
    I tipped them to beat St Kilda comfortably....

Robbo's rant.....
    http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/syd...-1226867948494

No, but we knew the saints were really really bad.

Based on that the swans are in trouble.

707s comments are correct IMHO - our ball movement has been very poor for about eight months. We convinced ourselves it was the injuries in 2013. It will be fascinating to see whether we can rise above that or whether goodes and the scg have been masking a team low in skills...

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    No, but we knew the saints were really really bad.

Based on that the swans are in trouble.

707s comments are correct IMHO - our ball movement has been very poor for about eight months. We convinced ourselves it was the injuries in 2013. It will be fascinating to see whether we can rise above that or whether goodes and the scg have been masking a team low in skills...
    You can't use the GWS beat Sydney, Saints beat GWS, therefore Saints >>>> Sydney logic.

It's extremely flawed. I can't believe the hyperbole our loss has created for two weeks. Every time a new teams wins the fickle fans proclaim that we're now behind that team.

It's a joke.

[QUOTE=DeadlyAkkuret;635780]You can't use the GWS beat Sydney, Saints beat GWS, therefore Saints >>>> Sydney logic./QUOTE]

I don't think we're saying that. We are just saying that the Saints beating GWS emphasises how bad our loss to GWS was.
    Tonight will prove if we can still compete with the best or we really do have major problems.

Read the article I linked before from Robbo. Its very interesting reading.

Suspended by the MRP
    I watched some of the St Kilda V GWS game and have the following observations:

- They ran out of gas in the second half, leading to the conclusion that those two half time length breaks that they had V Swans helped them to run out the Swans game. On the flip side the Swans had the same amount of break time as GWS.

- GWS will emotionally lift themselves for Swans games, but won't be able to sustain that over a season. You suspect that the GWS players will be satisfied if they achieve two wins in 2014, as long as their second win is against the Swans.

- The Saints are better than a lot of us thought, emphasising that this is one of the closest competitions in years. The first three games of this round have been decided by margins of less than 10 points. There will be some good football teams who will complete the season placed in 9 - 14 spot.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I think GWS was without Phil Davis, which is a serious loss, and that neither of their big power forwards kicked straight; if they had, it would have been a win to GWS.
    And what ever one thinks of the Saints, it never does to underestimate Nick Riewoldt.
    I hope we fulfil our destiny tonight and beat Collingwood convincingly.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast