Thread: There is nothing in life like a great distraction

There is nothing in life like a great distraction

So to get my mind off things i have been contemplating the game against Melb / Brisbane and who maybe back from injury for rounds 6 and or 7

Goodes?
    Tippett?

So for me can we play with Pyke, LRT, Tip, Goodes, Buddy ?

Id like to see if we can and make teams have to play tall defenders - yes i know we could get burnt on counter attack but we could burn them with height and speed !

Goodes, Tippett, Birdy
    Rohan, Reid, Buddy

Jack, Kennedy, Parker
    Jetta, Pyke, Hannes

Mal, Grundy, Macca
    Rampe, Ted, Smithy

Bench: LRT, Mitchell, Harry, McGlynn

Its a big call leaving out ROK and Shaw.......but our midfield rotation needs to be spot on along with our backline attack needing to be the best it can be (ie Macca playing back there a lot).

Out: Shaw and ROK
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

The chances of Goodes being back from injury in rd 6/7 imo are remote, my understanding is that he's only really undertaking the equivalent of a 'pre-season' fitness regime now. He is still imo the good part of 2 months off being ready. And who knows with sick note Tippett - he has me very worried as well as there seems to be very little news coming out from the club about him.

I don't really care who is in the team against Melbourne/Brisbane in rd 6 and 7, because if we don't get the team going soon, we will be 0-5 going into them and the season will be gone already! Really, imo, the best we can hope to be after 5 rounds now is 2-3, as to get close to Freo, we will have to be at our very best, and I just can't see it. If we are worse than 2-3, its as good as curtains on our season.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."