Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ROK?

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar

ROK?

What`s the story with ROK? Out of the game. I heard on the radio there may be some personality clashes going on. Any info?
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

2014 round 1 team vs GWS - Page 6
    ROK comes in at comment 106 and goes on for the next 3 pages
    Check the Swans site for all the official statements on the matter
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Happy and I know it
    James Dampney ?on Twitter: And there's a huge out, with @kjack_15 missing for @sydneyswans. Pretty handy replacement, sub @okeeferyan. Final teams shortly
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

funny thing is rok will now be motm tonight !!!!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

I would have liked to have seen how we went without Ryan. Shame.

Just wild about Harry
    Um... to present a titillating conspiracy theory, there are several people in the media who are adamant that there is an uncharacteristic amount of unrest in the Swans camp over Buddy's recruitment. Judging by some of the veiled comments on the Swans website and Horse's comments about "best for the team", etc, I wonder if ROK has been a little unsettled and outspoken in his views on this?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Um... to present a titillating conspiracy theory, there are several people in the media who are adamant that there is an uncharacteristic amount of unrest in the Swans camp over Buddy's recruitment. Judging by some of the veiled comments on the Swans website and Horse's comments about "best for the team", etc, I wonder if ROK has been a little unsettled and outspoken in his views on this?
    He's out of contract this year. He's already announced he thinks he's far from done, and will be looking to play on next year. He's been on decent coin for most of his career (with the Melbourne "go home" factor). It's highly possible that he's either been told that the Swans don't have room for him next year, or if they do, it will be on significantly reduced money.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    He's out of contract this year. He's already announced he thinks he's far from done, and will be looking to play on next year. He's been on decent coin for most of his career (with the Melbourne "go home" factor). It's highly possible that he's either been told that the Swans don't have room for him next year, or if they do, it will be on significantly reduced money.
    It smells of the Geelong/Chapman fallout. The club telling a long-standing and successful player that he will have less time in midfield and on the ground to bring younger players through. It certainly is ROK's last year and I wont be surprised if he decides to play on another year at another club. If it ends up that way it will be a shame.

My view is that I started seeing ROK move in slow motion in the second half of last year. I saw him filling more of a Bolton role up forward this year. I'd have him ahead of McGlynn but clearly the coaching staff value McGlynn. I'm not as sold on him with his disposal weakness. Interestingly ROK sought a transfer some years ago as he wanted more midfield time (Hawks and Blues were very interested). Probably less midfield time irks ROK again.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    It smells of the Geelong/Chapman fallout. The club telling a long-standing and successful player that he will have less time in midfield and on the ground to bring younger players through. It certainly is ROK's last year and I wont be surprised if he decides to play on another year at another club. If it ends up that way it will be a shame.

My view is that I started seeing ROK move in slow motion in the second half of last year. I saw him filling more of a Bolton role up forward this year. I'd have him ahead of McGlynn but clearly the coaching staff value McGlynn. I'm not as sold on him with his disposal weakness. Interestingly ROK sought a transfer some years ago as he wanted more midfield time (Hawks and Blues were very interested). Probably less midfield time irks ROK again.
    I don't buy that theory of the club owing him time in the midfield, because he did not go to the Hawks at the end of 2008! That over five years ago!

I think ROK will end up with the Demons in 2015. Paul Roos will value his ability in tight midfield contests! His professionalism will also set the right example!

Us fans like to see our champions go out in style. But footy has become a brutal business with no room for sentiment. We wouldn't want to teach our kids that winning is everything, but that's the kind of lesson that footy dishes up. And in a strange paradox, it's the fans that demand a win at all cost approach to footy.

There's already a lot of anti-Bucks sentiment with the Pies' fans, which will only increase if they lose to us in 2 weeks. Just wait, if we start 0-2 there will be plenty of posters calling for the Horse's head. We are already questioning the game plan. So what choice does he have except to be as brutal as necessary to win a game, all feelings aside.

Warming the Bench
    Or maybe Horse was actually telling the truth when he said there was no clear matchups for him? Ryan needs to play on a similar body to him and GWS does not have anyone like him. They are all 10kg lighter and half a second quicker. In two weeks time when he plays on Swan and keeps him to 12 possessions you will all see his usefulness to this side.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Panttz View Post
    Or maybe Horse was actually telling the truth when he said there was no clear matchups for him? Ryan needs to play on a similar body to him and GWS does not have anyone like him. They are all 10kg lighter and half a second quicker. In two weeks time when he plays on Swan and keeps him to 12 possessions you will all see his usefulness to this side.
    Agree in theory, though not on the match-up. Swan is pretty quick - not Jetta quick but a fair bit quicker than ROK. Ball, or even Pendlebury are more ROK's speed.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast