Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 2014, @sydneyswans v Magpies

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    You can't use the GWS beat Sydney, Saints beat GWS, therefore Saints >>>> Sydney logic.

It's extremely flawed. I can't believe the hyperbole our loss has created for two weeks. Every time a new teams wins the fickle fans proclaim that we're now behind that team.

It's a joke.
    That's fine. Which loss do you want to look at ? Port in Adelaide ? Collingwood at Anz after scoring the first 4/5 goals ? Freo ? Hawthorn ? Geelong ?

Which convincing win do you want to look at ?

I think we have been struggling. It's not hyperbole

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    You can't use the GWS beat Sydney, Saints beat GWS, therefore Saints >>>> Sydney logic.
    I don't think we're saying that. We are just saying that the Saints beating GWS emphasises how bad our loss to GWS was.
    Tonight will prove if we can still compete with the best or we really do have major problems.

Read the article I linked before from Robbo. Its very interesting reading.
    No it's not.

He misidentifies the reason out defense has been a bit down. Not one mention of AJ or Mattner at all. We lose almost half a backline that got us to a GF but none of that matters because he has to get back to rumour mongering like he spent the first half of the article doing.

Massive douche bagginess right there.

EDIT: It sucks that this depressing .... is cropping up in a match day thread and it's worse I felt the need to respond. Apologies.
    Last edited by billyboob; 29th March 2014 at 06:29 PM.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Witts out. Dwyer in

Adams and Bird subs

Quote Originally Posted by billyboob View Post
    No it's not.

He misidentifies the reason out defense has been a bit down. Not one mention of AJ or Mattner at all. We lose almost half a backline that got us to a GF but none of that matters because he has to get back to rumour mongering like he spent the first half of the article doing.

Massive douche bagginess right there.

EDIT: It sucks that this depressing .... is cropping up in a match day thread and it's worse I felt the need to respond. Apologies.
    Doesn't that reinforce his point that whatever concerns exist off the field are substantially worse on it ? We have lost critical players and haven't coped with it. We are losing around the contest and our game plan revolves around forcing contests from 40:60 positions.

The absence of Tippett reinforces this - he kicked a lot of goals for us as a ff. we lobbed it onto his head and he did brilliantly - but he might be out for a further 2-3 rounds.

Make no mistake this game is critical against an ordinary collingwood team. We just have to show we are more than a kick it long team. We have to show we can honor leads and transition the ball quickly through the midfield

Senior Player
    Travel alert:

Customers are advised to allow extra of travel time in both directions due to urgent track repairs at Olympic Park
    Twitter / T7SydneyTrains: Customers are advised to allow ...

Looks to be another 1st quarter rain on the way based on the radar.

[QUOTE=aardvark;635781]
    You can't use the GWS beat Sydney, Saints beat GWS, therefore Saints >>>> Sydney logic./QUOTE]

I don't think we're saying that. We are just saying that the Saints beating GWS emphasises how bad our loss to GWS was.
    Tonight will prove if we can still compete with the best or we really do have major problems.

Read the article I linked before from Robbo. Its very interesting reading.
    I had the same response Aardie. Well, my first respsnse was, Robbo actually wrote something worth thinking about.
    For those who haven't read it, he's saying our contested ball work, where we got smashed last week, has been off since mid-last season. And he actually has stats!

I know we had a lot of injuries last year, but not to our mids. ANd maybe there was a bit of premiership hangover in there.

So tonight's the test. If losing to the Giants doesn't give us back our appetite for the contest....

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Looks to be another 1st quarter rain on the way based on the radar.
    AAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! Why does the rain always ruin our games??? The swans worst enemy.

Veterans List
    Can we please have some forwards in our forward line!!

Our forward entry is appalling
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

The Tree Is Out There treespirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    Our forward entry is appalling
    I can't remember a time when it wasn't. One of the frustration of being a Swannie.

Quote Originally Posted by treespirit View Post
    I can't remember a time when it wasn't. One of the frustration of being a Swannie.
    2003-2005 Buchanan to okeefe to hall to o loughlin. Consistent on to chest lead. Since then....

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast