Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are our losses due to the team not gelling well?

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post

Last year it was easy to say it was due to the high injury toll. And this year you could say that a number of those injured players are still not match hardened after only recently coming back from their injuries and a number of operations over the off season. Though I fear you may actually be right, maybe there is something else underlying it. I hope not. Still gotta keep supporting our bloods
    2005, we were 2 and 4 after round 6.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    2005, we were 2 and 4 after round 6.
    Won't work in 2014. If we get to 2 and 4 then we can start thinking about 2015 and an earlier start to pre-season training.

People why does the swans allow baseball to played on the SCG and have to travel away from home , i understand Sydney are only tenants but 20 something years why couldn't base ball be played at the other cattle ground . Look at the Crows /Port/ SA cricket works well . Sydney seem to be poor tenants , may be wrong but Collingwood game wouldn't have been so un inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by tasmania60 View Post
    People why does the swans allow baseball to played on the SCG....
    I guess they could threaten to leave the SCG and play all their games at ANZ. That would go down a treat with fans, lol...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

1. Clearly, Horse didn't feel as though Pendles needed to be tagged. This was to our detriment. We had a fresh tagger in Bird yet decided against using him to qwell Pendlebury. Does O'Keefe have a role now??
    2. To have Cunningham, Parker & Mitchell contesting the centre bounces when the game was to be won is stagering! Normally we would see Jack, Kennedy & Hannebery doing this when the going gets tough. Another question to be answered!
    3. Where are our forward crumbers? When pumping the ball long into inside 50 it was frustrating to see an inept tall forward stucture no good at ground level. Bring in Brandon Jack next week. He eats crumbs for breakfast!
    4. Tom Derickx - this muppet could only touch the ball 5 times and turned it over to the opposition on 3 occassions. If I was doing my job at only 20% I would have got the sack by now. Not to mention he didn't take 1 mark all night. Pyke and Reid took 14 between them so let's not use the conditions as an excuse.

Changes
    IN: B.Jack & Nankervis
    OUT: Rohan & Derickx

Quote Originally Posted by GordonS View Post
    buddy is not to blame!! everyone just sucked. its like they're all in a simultaneous form slump
    this.

No point blaming the forward line as the ball is NOT GETTING DOWN THERE.
    Damn that Sorcerer! Twenty gold pieces and I'm wankered on rohypnol!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by #73 View Post
    this.

No point blaming the forward line as the ball is NOT GETTING DOWN THERE.
    Agree with this comment and the fact that everyone just sucked. I have decided I am sick of all the negativity especially from the lovely Melb and Adelaide press, c'mon Swans let's show them it is simply an aberration not the Buddy factor. We can bounce back we are only down 2 games, we can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derryn23 View Post
    1. Clearly, Horse didn't feel as though Pendles needed to be tagged. This was to our detriment. We had a fresh tagger in Bird yet decided against using him to qwell Pendlebury. Does O'Keefe have a role now??
    The only role I can see for him is full time in the fwd line, but we still have better options.

2. To have Cunningham, Parker & Mitchell contesting the centre bounces when the game was to be won is stagering! Normally we would see Jack, Kennedy & Hannebery doing this when the going gets tough. Another question to be answered!
    Yes, absolutely.

3. Where are our forward crumbers? When pumping the ball long into inside 50 it was frustrating to see an inept tall forward stucture no good at ground level. Bring in Brandon Jack next week. He eats crumbs for breakfast!
    Also agree. Or Jetta to spend more time crumbing but then we lose his run.

4. Tom Derickx - this muppet could only touch the ball 5 times and turned it over to the opposition on 3 occassions. If I was doing my job at only 20% I would have got the sack by now. Not to mention he didn't take 1 mark all night. Pyke and Reid took 14 between them so let's not use the conditions as an excuse.
    TD back to the 2's for a while.

4. If I was doing my job at only 20% I would have got the sack by now.
    Your boss just said he'd like to see you in his office.
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Matimbo View Post
    The only role I can see for him is full time in the fwd line, but we still have better options.
    Birdy or Pebbles?
    I wouldn't mind seeing Pebbles have a game across HF like he used to. May not have the top speed anymore but even in the past it was his endurance and wearing down opponents that allowed him to be so good. He should still have that and his strong marking ability, hopefully. I would like to see it tried again, with all the attention Lance is getting it may work with Reid and ROK getting a little room to move. Maybe???
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    In response to the threads title about the team not gelling.

It's the vibe

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Birdy or Pebbles?
    I wouldn't mind seeing Pebbles have a game across HF like he used to. May not have the top speed anymore but even in the past it was his endurance and wearing down opponents that allowed him to be so good. He should still have that and his strong marking ability, hopefully. I would like to see it tried again, with all the attention Lance is getting it may work with Reid and ROK getting a little room to move. Maybe???
    Didn't he play a fair chunk at HF on the weekend ?

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Didn't he play a fair chunk at HF on the weekend ?
    Seemed like he played pretty much most of the game there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast