Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luke Darcy smackdown

Luke Darcy smackdown

Funny thing happened in the channel 7 commentary box last night.

About half way through the 2nd quarter Luke Darcy went off on one of his dumb ass tangents saying Geelongs 6 day break is why the swans were winning.

He had BT (fellow simpleton) on board, and thinking he was on a good thing, went down to lingy on the boundary for final confirmation about how clever he was.

Lingy, legend that he is, told Darcy he was a clown (in more subtle terms), and that he was making excuses, as 6 day breaks only really effect you come the last quarter where the tiredness kicks in.

Darcy never raised it again all match.

Yep. This was the moment that prompted me to comment on the other thread about the poor quality of the commentary. To paraphrase Chris Scott only losers would put a 110 point drubbing down to a 6 day break.

Pushing for Selection
    They also had a bye a few weeks ago.
    Using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    The stand-out for me was Richo saying "Give it a spell , BT!"
    In other words , shut up , you toupeed twit !
    Richo was speaking for all of us.

That group of commentators - BT, Darcy and Richo have to be the worst group of useless TV baggers going around.

Ch 7 must be paying them too much or that have photos of Ch 7 executives.

Darcy does not like the Swans and always has bad comments or has little respect for our team.

I don't mind Richo, I think he does pretty well considering who he's matched up with. I think that increasingly it sounds like he's had enough. There's no doubt that Ling already has. Darcy was clearly looking for Ling to be parochial and he neglected to take the bait, which is excellent.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Happy and I know it
    I like listening to Ling. He actually watches the game and makes some very astute comments.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Just got to that bit...

Ling: "What the @@@@ are you on about Darc?"
    Ling: "they've been belted by a brilliant side"
    Darcy: "ummmmmmmm"

I'll have to watch it again but I think that's what was said.

Yeah Lingy is far and away the best on the channel 7 team, probably the best of all of them including foxtel.

Richos at least honest the others are cannon fodder, he doesnt sound happy ????

Richo is quite good - doesn't get carried away like the others do and Lingy - I reckon he is one very smart cookie- says it how he sees it - always give credit where credit is due and it's obvious that he is really well respected amongst the footy players. Whilst he looks like the paddle pop lion, I like him. Doesn't take himself too seriously but is respectful of the players and actually knows what he's talking about - he is after all a 3 time premiership player and former captain which Taylor & Darcy are not.

Suspended by the MRP
    Luke Darcy should always be respected for the way he handled the Eddie Maquarie radio comments on Adam Goodes last year. Darcy recognised the inappropriate nature of the comments straight away and quietly defused the situation from getting worse.

Every AFL commentator more or less laughs at any joke that Eddie makes and Darcy showed wonderful maturity in that situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast