Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread; Swans v Crows

Game Day Thread; Swans v Crows

The Slack Swans take on the Careless Crows at the Adelaide oval today. Some facts from the fact file;

SWANS

Our two games so far have been far from exciting. In fact they have been most un-Swans like.

GWS; We equalled GWS with 51 forward entries but still managed to get beaten by 32 points. We only managed to convert 17% of our entries which is pretty sad and an indictment of out long bombing game. We also faded in the last quarter and ended up with 28 less disposals when we controlled the middle two quarters. We also had 12 less tackles and lost the clearances by a lot.

Collingwood; Again we equalled Collingwood's forward entries with 50 but the difference is we had to go into the forward 50 nearly three times per score and Pies less than twice per score. We won most of the other stats but were out-scored 29-19 scoring shots. Again we faded in the last. The coaching staff could have made telling moves that could have won the match but didn't. Some of the experienced players couldn't get a kick in an electricity generation plant. Endeavour good but execution abysmal.

CROWS

Port; The showdown turned into slowdown for the hapless Crows, they were annihilated. The only stat that is really telling in this game is effective disposals. Port had 52 inside 50's to 56 but still managed to win by 54 points. The reason is they converted 57% of their entries into scores compared to 28%. Crows didn't lose all the stats ,they had more marks, more hit outs and more frees and only had 7 less disposals and three less tackles. But it was all about the quality of the disposals and Port had that in droves.

Cats; Crows travelled to the Cattery in the first round and it was always going to be hard. But they actually played well in the first three quarters only to be run over in the last. the inside 50's is telling here Cats 62 Crows 47. The conversion had a differential of only about 3% but it was the field kicking and fierce Cat tackles that finally killed the Crows.

The standard of the footy in the Crows first two games, while not excellent, was higher than the standard in the Swans first two matches. Cats at Symonds is always a bit task and Port have continued on with their good form from last season. Swans on the other hand will have to come up two to three notches to win this one. The talent is undoubtedly there but the execution is very lacking. Let's hope we change that today. I must say that some of our best disposers are actually in the Twos.

Lets the game begin and may the best side win & that of course is Swans (I hope LOL)

Best "have a go" at least today. Lance shaved down should assist his play....?
    "Lance" is not a dirty word

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    No changes M.Crouch and G.Rohan the subbies.

reasonable live feed here if anyone's interested. i never have any problems with it....

Wiziwig.tv | Australian Football League | Watch live and free: Adelaide Crows vs Sydney Swans

If I see two players go for the same mark and leave no one at the drop, I'm going to be really annoyed. It is one of the things that cost us possession, can't create a contest if both players are out of it. Happened numerous times last week

We have changed nothing. The gameplan is to still bomb the ball.

- - - Updated - - -

Lukie has started well

Veterans List
    Good second part of the quarter. Midfield is getting the ball and the forwards are putting on the pressure in our 50.

Blog Entries
    Well that was an impressive burst.
    Harry finally showing his class.
    Parker again in fine form!!

Blog Entries
    BTW. We don't look too slow ATM.

So far so good - I want 3 more quarters like that please. After the 1st 10 minutes, well on top. Great new ground too!

Come on swannies - more of that please. Very happy with the start of harry and luke as well, funny what happens when you find more avenues to goal than just bombing it forward at random!

Good start and we did pass a lot more which was good. We still tend to rely on the long kick a bit too much. Mal & Shaw both stuffing more than anyone else. Both have two clangers. Parker a star as I knew he would be from the fist time I saw him. Best so far Parker, Harry, Kizza, Jetts, Rampe, Laids, Benny & Buddy. Hannas running around like a chook with his head cut off. Shaw looks really slow or disinterested.

- - - Updated - - -

how slow was Mal then

Blog Entries
    McGlynn has lifted his game to another level too.
    I thought he might get overtaken this year by some of the younger brigade, but he is playing some of his best footy!!

Jack is Back too!!

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast