Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Premiership Predictions - Mulligan

I do not think promotion and relegation to PD is as automatic as it is between other Divisions. The factors at play include the administration and finances of the club in addition to having a playing group that is likely to compete in PD.

The only instance I know of where one Club has two teams in the same Division was North Shore in under 18s a few years ago and I do not think the Sydney AFL wants to replicate that with complications about players moving between teams and the like (though I understand both teams performed well and they secured the Flag).

I would also guess that relegation has similar considerations as the consequence of demotion on sponsors could in some instances create increased downward pressure on performance ... though Balmain look stronger than they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    UNSW won Div 3 in 2009 but couldn't go up I'm pretty sure.
    Pekay, we went up after winning in 2009 but lost a total of 27 players to our much depleted Ones and Twos the next year. That meant our Div 2 side (Threes) won two games in 2010 with mainly up and coming players and got relegated back to Div 3 in 2011. We won again that year and went back up to Div 2 where our threes remain.

The threes contested the 2012 Div 2 GF but lost in the last minute of play.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
    Pekay, we went up after winning in 2009 but lost a total of 27 players to our much depleted Ones and Twos the next year. That meant our Div 2 side (Threes) won two games in 2010 with mainly up and coming players and got relegated back to Div 3 in 2011. We won again that year and went back up to Div 2 where our threes remain.

The threes contested the 2012 Div 2 GF but lost in the last minute of play.

Cheers.
    So at that stage your Reserves were in Div 1, not D2. I thought they were in D2 meaning you couldn't be promoted.

Happy birthday as well mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    So at that stage your Reserves were in Div 1, not D2. I thought they were in D2 meaning you couldn't be promoted.

Happy birthday as well mate!
    Correct. Thanks mate. I see you've moved to the forward line!

UNSW-ES had two teams in the same SFA division in the years inclusive to 2008 (Bulldogs and Whales) but 2009 saw the start of the Adelaide-style divisions and they went to third and fourth divisions respectively.

I coached the "Bulldogs" (Thirds) in 2008 and the club restricted us to over 25's that year to allow the 18s a faster route to the Ones.

It wasn't a very good idea. We finished third without access to our young guns.

We scrapped that in '09 and got the lollies.
    Last edited by Seagull; 25th May 2014 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
    Correct. Thanks mate. I see you've moved to the forward line!

UNSW-ES had two teams in the same SFA division in the years inclusive to 2008 (Bulldogs and Whales) but 2009 saw the start of the Adelaide-style divisions and they went to third and fourth divisions respectively.

I coached the "Bulldogs" (Thirds) in 2008 and the club restricted us to over 25's that year to allow the 18s a faster route to the Ones.

It wasn't a very good idea. We finished third without access to our young guns.

We scrapped that in '09 and got the lollies.
    Yep, much easier on the body at the forward end of the field. Only takes me until Tuesday to recover now, as opposed to quarter time the following week!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123