Thread: Gazza - Not Quite in Buddy's League

Gazza - Not Quite in Buddy's League

Swans Snippets: back on the road - sydneyswans.com.au

"The walk across the footbridge turned out to be a soul searching one for Swans speedster Gary Rohan, after a group of ladies approached him for a photo. A friendly character, Rohan kindly obliged, only to be handed the camera and told ?make sure you get the city in the background? thanks!?. Ego dented, he cut a forlorn figure for the remainder of the walk back."

Gary who? LOL.
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

Big Al: Hey Gary, how about an Autograph?

Gary: Yeah, sure.

Big Al: Okay, who do I make it out to. Just to Dear Gary...

Sorry...
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Matimbo View Post
    Swans Snippets: back on the road - sydneyswans.com.au

"The walk across the footbridge turned out to be a soul searching one for Swans speedster Gary Rohan, after a group of ladies approached him for a photo. A friendly character, Rohan kindly obliged, only to be handed the camera and told ?make sure you get the city in the background? thanks!?. Ego dented, he cut a forlorn figure for the remainder of the walk back."

Gary who? LOL.
    I have a similar Garry Rohan story.

After the 2012 Swans Town Hall Premiership celebration, I was walking with my best mate along King Street Wharf. He was wearing a branded Swans scarf.

We were walking past the Bungalow 8 Bar, when this bloke started yelling "Go the Swannies".

I looked inside at the bloke yelling, and noticed some red hair poking out from under his cap.

I yelled back "Its Garry Rohan, Its Garry Rohan".

All his mates cheered at my discovery. It was like finally someone had recognised Garry Rohan.

I think the below song will be the pre-game rev up song of choice for Garry Rohan.

BROS - When Will I Be Famous [Official Video in HD] - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post

After the 2012 Swans Town Hall Premiership celebration, I was walking with my best mate along King Street Wharf. He was wearing a branded Swans scarf.

We were walking past the Bungalow 8 Bar, when this bloke started yelling "Go the Swannies".

I looked inside at the bloke yelling, and noticed some red hair poking out from under his cap.

All his mates cheered at my discovery. It was like finally someone had recognised Garry Rohan.

I think the below song will be the pre-game rev up song of choice for Garry Rohan.

Great story! Gary is so endearing you can't help but love the kid.

Veteran Site Admin
    Judging by his comments on 'Open Pyke', Buddy reckons it won't be long before Gazza starts to get the recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Judging by his comments on 'Open Pyke', Buddy reckons it won't be long before Gazza starts to get the recognition.
    I'm just waiting for the great breakout game for Gaz when it all just clicks. He was threatening to do it the day he got busted by the mob we play on Sunday - maybe a couple of years later he will finally manage to really hit his straps. Once it clicks with him, I really do think he will go on to be a super player for us!

Everyone is waiting and waiting, willing it to happen - that day will be one of great joy for all of us who have witnessed his struggle to get back from that nasty incident.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Your are correct Liz. I think Garry "knows its coming"!

Warwick Capper - I Only Take What's Mine - YouTube

Poor Rohan.

I have a cap signed by Garry, first family day he attended. Looked so young, told him I thought he would be a keeper (you get a bit of instinct about these things) - it should be noted I only have two signed caps, one as described, and a premiership one signed by my bestie Mal.

Fascinating to see him now. He looks like a man, no longer a kid. I guess it happens. Damned he is a handsome dude. I'd kill for that hair.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post

It was the wrong Gazza. Our Gazza is spelled with one "R".