Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I see light at the end of the tunnel

I see light at the end of the tunnel

Richard Colless joins SCG Trust - sydneyswans.com.au

This will only further strengthen our, already strong, partnership with the SCG.

And I sincerely hope, spell the end to our uninspiring partnership with the white elephant that is ANZ stadium.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Richard Colless joins SCG Trust - sydneyswans.com.au

This will only further strengthen our, already strong, partnership with the SCG.

And I sincerely hope, spell the end to our uninspiring partnership with the white elephant that is ANZ stadium.
    Fantastic news!

Senior Player
    I'm with you Ernie. At last we'll have someone on the Trust with an understanding of our requirements and needs.
    We probably provide the bulk of the Trust's income, and I don't think we receive the service that demands.
    On second thought, cricket with a few one dayers plus the Test, should outdo us financially.
    Regardless, our contribution is severely under acknowledged with services.

I can't imagine there is much support from within the swans organisation to continue playing out at ANZ post 2016. They need to convince the AFL to ignore any attractive deals the stadium and the state government pit forward to the AFL because I imagine they are very keen to keep the swans there. Especially if they put a roof on it (which will do bugger all, they need to start over).

Can someone enlighten me. Does the AFL dictate where teams have to play?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Can someone enlighten me. Does the AFL dictate where teams have to play?
    yes.
    based on ground availability.

Excellent news from the Swans' perspective and, dare I say it, good on the Trust for making this appointment.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    yes.
    based on ground availability.
    So after the deal with ANZ expires in 2016, the Swans could be forced to play some games there against their wishes.

So after the deal with ANZ expires in 2016, the Swans could be forced to play some games there against their wishes.
    As opposed to now when the club begs to play out there?

Begs.

Like a dog.
    -

Happy and I know it
    Yes but the club is diplomatic and would probably never publicly say whether they wanted to play there or not.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Of course the swans want play out there. They do not want to be pigeon holed as the latte sipping nambies feom the eastern suburbs. They desire to be the team for all of sydney.

They do that by playing games where the fans are. Plenty of swans fans ONLY go to ANZ games. I am one of them.

Goes up to 11
    Of course the club doesn't want to play out there - the SCG is our home and the steadily declining numbers at Homebush attest to this.

Unfortunately the Swans can no longer be seen as all of Sydney's team. Otherwise why did the AFL in their wisdom think Sydney's west needed their own team?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast