Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Our new seats

Don't want to anoy the paying public and you're just members. ...????

Senior Player
    At least it's not like Melbourne where the Geelong hawthorn game was an A reserve game where even club members had to buy tickets to get a reserved ticket.

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    At least it's not like Melbourne where the Geelong hawthorn game was an A reserve game where even club members had to buy tickets to get a reserved ticket.
    That is how the Essendon v Swans game is classified. As a Melbourne Swans member this is supposed to be one of my home games but I have to pay for a seat if I want to go to the game. Even if I want to sit in the 'nose bleed' section! Not Happy Vlad.....

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    That is how the Essendon v Swans game is classified. As a Melbourne Swans member this is supposed to be one of my home games but I have to pay for a seat if I want to go to the game. Even if I want to sit in the 'nose bleed' section! Not Happy Vlad.....
    That sux. As a Sydneysider I didn't realise the ess Sydney game was like that.

I've just tried to get a ticket for this Saturday's match against the Dees at the MCG using the Swans members offer of one free ticket in the AFL Reserve (which was a new benefit this year). The steps to follow online and the instructions sent out by email by the Swans don't bear much relation to each other. I've ended up with an email from Ticketmaster confirming my 'order', complete with order number but no ticket. Very baffling. Looks like a phone call to Member Services tomorrow .............
    Last edited by Meg; 22nd April 2014 at 11:36 PM.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    And it gets worse. Here's Caro's take:
    AFL must re-think ticketing: Andrew Demetriou
    Apparently the AFL wants to follow the US lead and the more people want to go to a game, the more it will cost. Brilliant.

On topic: To me the new stands at SCG look unfinished and as though they offer little protection from the weather. Perhaps designed for cricket rather than AFL?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I've just tried to get a ticket for this Saturday's match against the Dees at the MCG using the Swans members offer of one free ticket in the AFL Reserve (which was a new benefit this year). The steps to follow online and the instructions sent out by email by the Swans don't bear much relation to each other. I've ended up with an email from Ticketmaster confirming my 'order', complete with order number but no ticket. Very baffling. Looks like a phone call to Member Services tomorrow .............
    Meg what membership is required for that offer? Just wondering whether I have access to that offer...
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    On topic: To me the new stands at SCG look unfinished and as though they offer little protection from the weather. Perhaps designed for cricket rather than AFL?
    Yes Don they certainly are still not finished and by the look of it and by how much it has progressed since The Ashes, its still a long, long way from completion.
    As for the weather protection, well that's just a joke! I'm Red Zone and sat level 2, three rows from the front for the North game and we had to wear our ponchos and got quite wet, the front row of level two was like a swimming pool as there is no drainage.
    As a side note my daughter works at the SCG and the trust had no idea at all about the pooling water and lack of protection from the elements, she ended up at a meeting with the Chairman of the Trust and the bloke who signed off on the design and she was told there was very little that can be done about the protection aspect now but they will look into the pooling, it is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Meg what membership is required for that offer? Just wondering whether I have access to that offer...
    I used this service for tix to the Richmond game and I'm only Red Zone with Premiership Club so I don't think there is any particular level you need.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Just checked my email - it is a (nice) benefit for Premiership Club members. I have spoken to Member Services - the bit I hadn't realised is that the ticket has to be printed off from my Swans Member online account, using the 'manage my products' button. Got it now!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123