Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Changes for Round 5 versus Fremantle

Quote Originally Posted by BloodStainAngel View Post
    Unfortunately for ROK & most other players, wherever the ball stops rolling for you that's it. Many have been left stranded just short of a milestone, that's the ruthless nature of professional team sports.
    Rod Carter
    Craig Bolton

... Daniel O'Keefe ... didn't even reach the milestone of debut!

rok and mitchell have been somewhat passengers in the first 4 weeks

so to rohan

will 3 super keen players back in seniors help us have a 22 player contribution vs a 19 man effort ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I think we all think that on here. But for some strange reason it appears horse doesn't listen to us
    Agreed. I think Shaw has not only just failed to perform but his turnovers have been extremely damaging on the scoreboard. Would have preferred to see Membrey, Biggs or Towers brought in.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Agreed. I think Shaw has not only just failed to perform but his turnovers have been extremely damaging on the scoreboard. Would have preferred to see Membrey, Biggs or Towers brought in.
    Someone (Horse your job) needs to tell Shaw to kick to our guys,the red and whites and not to the opposition. That would improve his game immensely.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    rok and mitchell have been somewhat passengers in the first 4 weeks

so to rohan

will 3 super keen players back in seniors help us have a 22 player contribution vs a 19 man effort ?
    I would have liked to have kept Rohan in the side. I have been proposing for a couple of weeks that Rohan's role should be changed to a tagger role on medium/tall midfielders. I thought he could have tagged Fyfe this week.

In this role he could use his great defensive skills and learn how to better get the ball by following good players.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Unlikely to be Biggs as he's still rookie listed. I'm honestly surprised he wasn't upgraded last year after having played a few senior games.

Anyone know if we still get to upgrade one rookie after round 11 or there abouts?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I would have liked to have kept Rohan in the side. I have been proposing for a couple of weeks that Rohan's role should be changed to a tagger role on medium/tall midfielders. I thought he could have tagged Fyfe this week.

In this role he could use his great defensive skills and learn how to better get the ball by following good players.
    Maybe if he were fully fit. It's evident from Longmire's comments that he (Rohan) is not, which is limiting how they can use him.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post

I doubt Horse would try it but I don't mind this idea at all.

Interesting choices this week from Horse although some crumbers would've been handy last game. Must be expecting rain and he'll probably get it for whose never spent the Easter weekend in a waterlogged tent?

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    I don't consider this suicidal pessimism, I am just calling it as I see it. I've been a supporter for over 40 years and the way we miss tackles, lack of pressure, Just wildly kicking the ball into the forward line, no Supporting your team mate etc etc, reminds me of the early 1990's when we were the laughing stock of the AFL. I don't want to see that again! We need to start doing radical things like bringing in a couple of first gamers and telling a couple of regulars, their efforts are not acceptable.

I have already dismissed us as playing finals this year, but I hope the signs are better for next year. SOMEHOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Many people dod not pay credit to LRT's bash and crash tactics and he always puts his body on the line which is the only way you can negate Sandilands. Derickx is not up to AFL standard. But frankly whoever we choose is just insignificant as its a game I will not watch and I am expecting a 10-15 goals hiding. Good luck to the swans supporters who watch the Train wreck happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    I don't support blind optimism but I equally question such suicidal pessimism. There's too much good cattle in red and white to suggest this match and season are train wrecks just yet. I won't be surprised if we bounce back to form but, yes, Freo are a very good team even with their extended injury list. It's not an easy assignment this Saturday. I'll be watching.
    Ahem!

Quote Originally Posted by Gezball View Post
    I doubt Horse would try it but I don't mind this idea at all.
    For me Fyfe would destroy Gaz right now

Fyfe is a serious A grade player

Gazza is not there yet........not even close to be absolutely fair..........i dont think any supporter of any club would think that Gazza could have coped with that role against Fyfe

Gaz does not have the endurance and Fyfe would have had even more impact then he did tonight
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    For me Fyfe would destroy Gaz right now

Fyfe is a serious A grade player

Gazza is not there yet........not even close to be absolutely fair..........i dont think any supporter of any club would think that Gazza could have coped with that role against Fyfe

Gaz does not have the endurance and Fyfe would have had even more impact then he did tonight
    Yeah that's a fair point. I watched the reserves today hoping Gary would stand out - it didn't really happen.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021