Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Players' names on back of guernseys this week

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Should be L.R-T.
    Should read Mr Football

I want one that says "Hodor"
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Veteran Site Admin
    It's not 100% clear, but picture 13 of the training photos with the players practising wearing their names looks like no 45 is just labelled Mitchell, rather than P Mitchell. There aren't any photos of T Mitchell to confirm. Yet the Richards and Jack brothers have their initials on their backs. Is this oversight, or do you only need to be distinguished if you share the same gene pool. If there is a significant different physical variation, are supporters meant to just know the difference with an initial?

I was looking forward to the commentators scratching their heads as to when Tommy's brother joined the club.

Veterans List
    Question for those at the game...could you even see the names on their back? I think it only worked for tv but to be honest I didn't really look at the name...too used to looking at the number.

No names too small to read at game. I'm a fan of the concept but will only work if names are bigger. Can easily read the advertising on guernsey ......

Good question Mel. No I couldn't read them unless they were over near me, and I'm in the 6th row in the Concourse. Didn't matter much for our guys of course but for some of the Freo players that I'm less immediately familiar with it really didn't make them any easier to identify.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It's not 100% clear, but picture 13 of the training photos with the players practising wearing their names looks like no 45 is just labelled Mitchell, rather than P Mitchell. There aren't any photos of T Mitchell to confirm. Yet the Richards and Jack brothers have their initials on their backs. Is this oversight, or do you only need to be distinguished if you share the same gene pool. If there is a significant different physical variation, are supporters meant to just know the difference with an initial?

I was looking forward to the commentators scratching their heads as to when Tommy's brother joined the club.
    Perhaps Swans had already decided that Tom Mitchell wouldn't be playing this week in either seniors or reserves when they submitted names for the guernseys?

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Perhaps Swans had already decided that Tom Mitchell wouldn't be playing this week in either seniors or reserves when they submitted names for the guernseys?
    And Patrick Mitchell was a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Question for those at the game...could you even see the names on their back? I think it only worked for tv but to be honest I didn't really look at the name...too used to looking at the number.
    You mean the names aren't there to make BT sound like less of a spud?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboob View Post
    You mean the names aren't there to make BT sound like less of a spud?
    I like the name on the back. I didn't get to the game so watched it on tv. Was useful esp for opposition players who I knew by name but didn't instantly recognise like I do for the swans players

Veteran Site Admin
    The names definitely need to be a little bigger for this to work. I reckon the numbers could be made slightly smaller to accommodate larger names, without affecting how easier the numbers can be read.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The names definitely need to be a little bigger for this to work. I reckon the numbers could be made slightly smaller to accommodate larger names, without affecting how easier the numbers can be read.
    Have they not seen the Sheffield Shield players??

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    And Patrick Mitchell was a chance?
    The Reserve players also had their names on the back of their guernseys. P Mitchell played in the Reserves but T Mitchell didn't play in either team due to injury.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast