Thread: AFL Injury Update 16/04/2014

Blog Entries

AFL Injury Update 16/04/2014

SYDNEY SWANS
    AFL Injury Update, Official Injury List AFL - AFL.com.au
    *Placed on the club's long-term injury list

PlayerInjury19-03-14Injury26-03-14Injury02-04-14Injury08-04-14Injury15-04-14
    Adam GoodesKnee4-5 weeksKnee3-4 weeksKnee2-3 weeksKnee1-2 weeksKnee1 week
    Kieren JackBackTestBackTest      
    Alex JohnsonKneeSeasonKneeSeasonKneeSeasonKneeSeasonKneeSeason
    Lewis Roberts-ThomsonGroinTestGroinTestGroinTest    
    Kurt TippettKnee2-3 weeksKnee2-3 weeksKnee1-2 weeksKnee1-2 weeksKneeTest
    Tommy Walsh*Hamstring4-5 weeksHamstring3-4 weeksHamstring2-3 weeksHamstring1-2 weeksHamstring1-2 weeks
    Gary Rohan    KneeTest    
    Craig Bird      CalfTest  
    Sam Reid      AchillesTBCAchillesTBC

That lingering TBC on Reid has me concerned - anyone else got a real bad feeling it will become one of those 'indefinite injuries'? Poor Sam can't get a run of games at the moment without getting injured again
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    this weeks vid said he'd started running. so thats progress of sorts....

The progress on both Tippett and Goodes is very positive. Finally.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

agree and lets be honest beating Freeo is a tough gig so I say get Tippo out there asap and get some game time into him in our Seniors forward line

he can only help our seniors even half fit

BIG plus though is he will be ready for the following week and he only has to play 3qtrs anyway against freeo
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    agree and lets be honest beating Freeo is a tough gig so I say get Tippo out there asap and get some game time into him in our Seniors forward line

he can only help our seniors even half fit

BIG plus though is he will be ready for the following week and he only has to play 3qtrs anyway against freeo
    I think it would be absolute lunacy to send Tippett out there half fit - the last thing we want to do is see him busted up because he's not 100% right. Would prefer to see him eased back in over the following two weeks, in games that, at least on paper, should be more straight forward for us.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

surely they wouldnt put him out there in snrs if they didnt think he would be ok?

what i am alluding to is that no one on return is 100% match fit but in his role up front he could no doubt do 3qtrs pretty easy then bring on gazza

especially on the small SCG

then we have have him providing us a better chance vs other forward alternatives for this saturday but even better is that he will be even ready the week after
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Senior Player
    prob give him tippet a reserves run for mine. i think it's the best case coming off interrupted preparation and 12 games played in 18 months. He's the key to our forward structure. All the others at this stage are supporting cast and who's natural game isn't like his. They benefit from him being the anchor.