Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 4: Sydney Swans Reserves v Gold Coast Suns Reserves

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    ....... Strong contributions from many, but Big Nankervis was an absolute stand out for me.........
    So hopefully we have future ruck stocks covered Liz as I've seen a lot of good reports on Naismith as well, albeit he is still very raw.

Do you agree with others about Hewett being one of those players that just finds space and time?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Nankervis very impressive loved his second efforts but most importantly looks very comfortable as a forward.

Jones the best game I've seen for him (out of three or four) good rebound and precise kicking which is a big improvement from two weeks ago

Hewett had a great first half quieter in the second

Suspended by the MRP
    Anyone got any information on Tippett's condition?

Tippett came out after final siren and was walking around shaking hands and talking to players from both teams. Seemed fine and was not limping. So hopefully he's fine.

Thanks Meg. Nankervis is impressive. His kicking for a big guy is elite. Also reckon Patty Mitchell showed something...albeit, not his kicking. Head can pluck a mark too.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

what was the FB like for the Suns ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

"Gary Rohan was also playing in the seconds after he was dropped this week to find some touch and he showed some good signs off half-back and when he pushed forward."

Best Players: T. Nankervis, S. Biggs, Z. Jones, D. Robinson, M. Dick, H. Marsh

@swansreserves: Nankervis 22 touches 10 marks 6 tackles 4 goals 26 hitouts! #bestonground 165 DT points

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Best Players: T. Nankervis, S. Biggs, Z. Jones, D. Robinson, M. Dick, H. Marsh
    Apart from Nankervis, those names could be plucked out of anywhere. I thought it was pretty even, with lots of players having their turns to shine.

One who did impress me was Marsh, and I think that's the first time I've said that about him. It's starting to look like things might finally be clicking for him. He was busy and bullocking on the inside, but his outside game was good. And he was impressive in the forward line too. His final goal came from a great contested mark, with players coming at him front on. But in the lead up, his second and third efforts kept the ball alive when it looked like the Suns were going to clear the ball away. And then he had the nous and energy to slip out of the back of the next contest to provide a target close to goal.

Other than that, Rohan looked lively in the first half, let to roam free and far. Towers wasn't dominant but took some very nice marks. Hewett was good, especially in the first half as Ugg has already noted. Alir was composed and exciting. He's certainly a great athlete. X was generally good, though let himself down with a couple of ordinary kicks that did - or should have - resulted in opposition goals. Zac was lively and Dick is gradually improving too. He's starting to look like he might become a player.

And while Doug Hadden is far from the best toppie to ever play for the reserves, he's fast becoming my favourite. There's not much of him, and his skills are sometimes a bit suspect. But he's as courageous as they come and has a huge heart. It must make things a lot easier for the listed players when they get to play with regular toppies of the quality of Head, Hadden, Wray and Hiscox (amongst others). It's a far cry from a few years back when we used to get the leftovers from the Canberra sides, some of whom looked like they'd be the last picked in a schoolyard game of footy.

Doug is a terrier and quick off the mark........but he kicks off his shin as much as his foot some games

Great that Nanny was dominant and I will keep supporting Marshy as he is an important body/player type for the Swans Snrs mids in the future.........he has a fantastic kick, great speed off the mark, strong in defence and he has a great mark on him.........he will take time to get the engine happening but as I have suggested you may see Rampe continue to rise in his abilities for the midfield and then we have a spot for Marsh in 2015 beyond on the HBF which is a role he is very handy at

Rampe with his sub 10min 3km running, speed, intensity and 4 qtr drive could rotate thru the midfield in years to come.........2015 onwards will be fascinating as Laidler is looking a little more likely and then AJ will be back so I like the idea of Rampe playing a little bit of a Malceski role in years to come where he can spend more time up on the wing as well as HBF

It is not beyond possibilities for Rampe to become a little smoother with his set up play.......at this stage he is good at driving it long and he appears to be given a little more licence to take on the opposition which is quite noticeable to last year.

@swansreserves: Leading disposals Robinson 37 jones 30 Marsh 28 Biggs 28 hewett 27 Perris 27 Nankervis 22 Lockyer 21 Hadden 21 Richards 21

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast