Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Round 4: Sydney Swans Reserves v Gold Coast Suns Reserves

I have a lot of time for X. He constantly watches the game, guards the backline, and will be a Richards replacement in the future. He has a slight build, NO body fat, none, but he is a smart smart young man. You can see him sorting out plays and positions as he watches. Reminds me of Peb when he first started (although he was built like a brick with legs). Never takes his eyes off the play.

Allir is a totally different kettle of fish. He plays a different game, he uses his body to make a statement, and he is fairly solidly built in comparison, although he is still 'growing'. He is also a bit of a way behind the starters with his natural game knowledge, but you can see he is going to be a keeper. Looks to be enjoying himself. Gets called both Allir and Chander on the ground. Right in amongst it all.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    There was an article online somewhere that said the Reserves fly into Mackay on Thursday.

Senior Player
    Naismith has ruptured his mcl in the Queanbeyan game. I wonder why that has taken so long to become public ?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Naismith has ruptured his mcl in the Queanbeyan game. I wonder why that has taken so long to become public ?
    Nasty thing to happen, and rotten luck for him and the club; how long will he be out, do we know?

P.S. I checked - four to six weeks. Bugger. http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2...-trio-of-tests
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Nasty thing to happen, and rotten luck for him and the club; how long will he be out, do we know?

P.S. I checked - four to six weeks. Bugger. Tippett out, tall trio face tests - sydneyswans.com.au
    I know. Damn unlucky.

NEAFL Wrap by sydneyswans.com.au - NEAFL Wrap: Round 4

Also, stats are up on the NEAFL website

http://neafl.com.au/fileadmin/user_u...ns_vs_Suns.pdf

Some noticeable stats:
    • Marsh 11 clearances
    • Robinson 10 inside 50s, which correlates with him starting many centre bounces at half forward. Also, should have noted that Lockyer played wing yet again and hasn't been seen in key defence since the UWS practice match.
    • Nankervis 10 marks, half of which I think would be contested.
    Last edited by ugg; 23rd April 2014 at 03:37 PM.

Senior Player
    I spoke with Lockyer at a function recently who said he has been moved to the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMase View Post
    I spoke with Lockyer at a function recently who said he has been moved to the wing.
    I think it's a good move for him, while he battled hard at CHB last year he never looked full comfortable in that role although he did improve as the season went on. He was running with a Suns' listed player last week but my memory is failing me for who it was.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567