Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 4: Sydney Swans Reserves v Gold Coast Suns Reserves

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Gold Coast have made changes to their team too including adding Nathan Kenny who used to be a scholarship player for us.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    What are you suggesting?
    I don't know what wolfy had in mind, but with no mention of Naismith in the reserves, the firsts or the injury list, might he be a last minute replacement for Derrickx, who could go down with a diplomatic illness?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    It's a shame i think the neafl isn't quite up to the vfl.
    It's a hell of a lot closer than it was now that it has become one conference.

Some of the northern teams are kicking butt and there will be relatively few easy wins this year, compared to years past.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post

Some of the northern teams are kicking butt and there will be relatively few easy wins this year, compared to years past.
    The Eastern Conference teams that are in the NEAFL this year don't seem to have recruited as well Triple B. Queanbeyan were obviously an easy mark and Belconnen are looking even worse. Sydney Uni & Ainslie are in the top seven but the rest languish in 10th, 11th & 13th & 14th positions so far.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post

It's sort of one. There are still a big variation in quality. And I'm sure it's still the weakness between Vfl safl and wafl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I don't know what wolfy had in mind, but with no mention of Naismith in the reserves, the firsts or the injury list, might he be a last minute replacement for Derrickx, who could go down with a diplomatic illness?
    Diplomatic illness. That's gold

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    It's sort of one. There are still a big variation in quality. And I'm sure it's still the weakness between Vfl safl and wafl.

- - - Updated - - -

Diplomatic illness. That's gold
    They might just be resting Sammy but I don't know why they would. I think Liz suggested they might because he is a young player and his body might just be getting a bit battered. He is 22 not an 18 yo. He is fully grown and most of the big ruckmen are looking to play seniors at about his age. Stop molly coddling him Liz LOL. But he may have some soreness. hopefully it is nothing of the sort and he is a Fine Cotton ring in.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    They might just be resting Sammy but I don't know why they would. I think Liz suggested they might because he is a young player and his body might just be getting a bit battered. He is 22 not an 18 yo. He is fully grown and most of the big ruckmen are looking to play seniors at about his age. Stop molly coddling him Liz LOL. But he may have some soreness. hopefully it is nothing of the sort and he is a Fine Cotton ring in.
    It's just odd that he wasn't on the neafl list of outs.

Veteran Site Admin
    I have no recollection of saying anything that could be interpreted as per the above. I suggested he is still raw and probably not yet ready for senior footy. I don't believe I've suggested he should get a rest every few weeks to rest his poor young body.

If he's not playing this weekend, presumably there's a reason. Maybe he's injured!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I have no recollection of saying anything that could be interpreted as per the above. I suggested he is still raw and probably not yet ready for senior footy. I don't believe I've suggested he should get a rest every few weeks to rest his poor young body.

If he's not playing this weekend, presumably there's a reason. Maybe he's injured!
    It's either the General (soreness) reporting for duty, or an injury. Hell, he could have injured himself during the Queanbeyan game but no one knows because they failed to put the replay up. No listed player restrictions at work this week as we play another AFL reserves side.

The Eastern Conference teams that are in the NEAFL this year don't seem to have recruited as well Triple B. Queanbeyan were obviously an easy mark and Belconnen are looking even worse. Sydney Uni & Ainslie are in the top seven but the rest languish in 10th, 11th & 13th & 14th positions so far.
    I've probably posted this in a previous reserves thread but the Canberra teams are struggling. Both Queanbeyan and Belconnen have lost key players and haven't signed any notable replacements. Ainslie's looking the pick of the crop this year with their recruitment of ex-Port player Nick Salter adding to their core group. I can't wait for us to play the Eagles and Uni, they've been relatively easy beats in past years but have recruited some big names and look to be a class above the Canberra teams.

I haven't looked in too much detail on the Northern teams (given we don't play them) but I wonder if the cutting of 4 (or is it 3?) Northern clubs as opposed to the 1 Eastern club (Tuggeranong) has meant the best of those cut clubs have been incorporated the remaining Northern teams.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I've probably posted this in a previous reserves thread but the Canberra teams are struggling. Both Queanbeyan and Belconnen have lost key players and haven't signed any notable replacements. Ainslie's looking the pick of the crop this year with their recruitment of ex-Port player Nick Salter adding to their core group. I can't wait for us to play the Eagles and Uni, they've been relatively easy beats in past years but have recruited some big names and look to be a class above the Canberra teams.

I haven't looked in too much detail on the Northern teams (given we don't play them) but I wonder if the cutting of 4 (or is it 3?) Northern clubs as opposed to the 1 Eastern club (Tuggeranong) has meant the best of those cut clubs have been incorporated the remaining Northern teams.
    I read somewhere that this was the case- ie that the better players from the clubs cut from the Northern NEAFL have moved to the remaining clubs.

It's a shame we play only the old Eastern NEAFL sides (plus the AFL reserves sides, of course). It would be good to give our lads more experience against quality sides who might not be as accomplished as those in the other AFL clubs but are older and possibly a little more physical.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I'm hearing reports form the SCG that a player accidentally spilled his water bottle on the ground and as a result the reserves are being moved to Blacktown. Anyone confirm??
    Oh geez good on ya - as a result of your post, the powers that be decided that there was a chance of water bottle leakage on the SCG, and as a result the Ressies have been moved to Broken Hill tomorrow as a precaution...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast