Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting Going

Getting Going

It has been an ordinary start to the season, but with the Demons and Lions coming up, we should hopefully be 4-3 by the time we play Hawthorn.
    With Tippett, Goodes and Reid back by then (you'd hope) we should (you'd hope) be back to ourselves.
    Then we enter a little period that will make or break our season with games against Hawthorn (ANZ), Essendon (Ethiad) and Geelong (SCG).

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dawson View Post
    It has been an ordinary start to the season, but with the Demons and Lions coming up, we should hopefully be 4-3 by the time we play Hawthorn.
    With Tippett, Goodes and Reid back by then (you'd hope) we should (you'd hope) be back to ourselves.
    Then we enter a little period that will make or break our season with games against Hawthorn (ANZ), Essendon (Ethiad) and Geelong (SCG).
    I think you have to assume we will loose at anz to hawthorn and hope for 1 out of the other two. That would leave us 5-5

A tough ask. Last year it took 12 wins to get into the top 8 ( forget carltons free pass). There are 12 rounds after you mention with games against port x2 essendon west coast and hawthorn again so if we lost all those we would just scrape into 8th if last years ladder is representative.

It will be touch and go.

I wish everyone would stop taking for granted that we will have a win against Melbourne next week. I am going down for the match but still wear the scars from attending the same match in 2010 (which everyone had assumed would be a stroll in the park for the Swans). Paul Roos will be a very motivated coach for this match.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I wish everyone would stop taking for granted that we will have a win against Melbourne next week. I am going down for the match but still wear the scars from attending the same match in 2010 (which everyone had assumed would be a stroll in the park for the Swans). Paul Roos will be a very motivated coach for this match.
    After the first few weeks of the season we know you can't assume we will win any game. You can however assume that some games are more likely to be won by swans. I agree roos will be motivated but we should still win if we play like we did this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I think you have to assume we will loose at anz to hawthorn and hope for 1 out of the other two. That would leave us 5-5

A tough ask. Last year it took 12 wins to get into the top 8 ( forget carltons free pass). There are 12 rounds after you mention with games against port x2 essendon west coast and hawthorn again so if we lost all those we would just scrape into 8th if last years ladder is representative.

It will be touch and go.
    To be finals confenders we need to be able to beat the best at home. So 2 out of three wins required.
    we also beat essendon in Melbourne last year, so I wouldnt put this as an auto loss. Chances are thry will be missing a few players by then, if ASADA can pull their finger out.

It was watching the Demons - Suns game that caused me to write this

I hope the coaches and players aren't assuming losses whoever we play and I also hope they aren't taking anyone lightly. Given the start to the season if they aren't aiming for at least 4 wins from the next 5 then there is something wrong.
    Also, someone has to beat Hawthorn eventually, if clubs go in with an attitude that this will be a loss than that is exactly what it will be.
    On the weekend I saw signs of good contested swans footy against quality opposition for the first time this year. We shouldn't but underestimating our chances against anyone and we certainly shouldn't be taking any game for granted. I have faith that we have turned the corner and will see some consistent good performances

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    In an open season, we must take our chances. I hope the 1-3 start won't come back to haunt us.

We are only 1 game behind west coast who are in 4 th spot.

So top 4 is still on the cards. We need to boost our % with a few good wins, and a forward line of bud and tip should do this.

Our form against top 4 teams will be critical. We need to win all home games, and snag a couple of away wins.

Just wild about Harry
    Do you mean that, as a coach, he will really want to win the game? Wow, that should make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by dawson View Post
    So as I wrote we're now 4-3.
    Goodes and Reid are now back.
    Are we back to ourselves? Hope so, but we will see against Hawthorn.....

Hawthorn will be without Mitchell and possibly lake. That's potentially two big outs , so that helps our cause a bit.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast