Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Getting Going

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I think the reason for the low crowd number in the 2012 prelim was because of the high ticket prices and not because people didn't want to go to ANZ. I remember reading on here that people didn't go so they could pay for tickets/flights down here to Melbourne for the GF if we won. Also the ticket prices affected the friends/family of members from going.
    True - tickets were outrageously priced - certainly put off my family, although I went with some friends.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs
    Even with 70,000 odd at the pies final in 2012, I thought the atmosphere was lacking.
    Probably because the crowd was only 57,000 - quite a long way off 70,000. I've heard ANZ has a great atmosphere with a big crowd, and I can imagine it too, but they are going to have to make prices a bit more reasonable to get 70,000.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    No hope of a sell out imo. We couldn't even manage a sell out in 2012 against the Pies, or in 2006 against Freo.

70,000 would be a good result, but I'd take a 50,000 sell out at the SCG every time if given the choice between those two. Even with 70,000 odd at the pies final in 2012, I thought the atmosphere was lacking. You are never going to get a SOO like atmosphere for an AFL game at ANZ, its just not going to happen.

If I was running the show, Week 1 finals would be at the SCG, week 2 finals split between SCG and ANZ dependent on the team we are playing (or alternatively they could alternate) and Week 3 at ANZ.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't really say 'don't bring up that old debate' when you often instigate said debate on here
    Its only a matter of time before we sell out ANZ for a big final, with a big name player. Good promotion, fair ticket prices. It very possible. Weve been only 10k short on a number of occations.

So after 12 in a row - big game against the Hawks. Win gives us a 2 game break over them and with five games to go could basically assure of us a Top 2 finish.
    A loss against the Hawks and we're in the mix with Freo, Hawthorn and the Cats fighting for that top 2 finish.
    The Hawks game will have a finals-like intensity. Excited for the game as it's a real indication of where we're at.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dawson View Post
    So after 12 in a row - big game against the Hawks. Win gives us a 2 game break over them and with five games to go could basically assure of us a Top 2 finish.
    A loss against the Hawks and we're in the mix with Freo, Hawthorn and the Cats fighting for that top 2 finish.
    The Hawks game will have a finals-like intensity. Excited for the game as it's a real indication of where we're at.
    Should be a good game.
    The Hawks fans will be out in force to give Buddy a welcome back.

We've only lost 2 first qtrs in the last 12 games, against Freo and the Tiges.
    With, hopefully Tippett and Hanners back we should have a pretty strong team.
    No Gibson or Lake for the Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Should be a good game.
    The Hawks fans will be out in force to give Buddy a welcome back.

We've only lost 2 first qtrs in the last 12 games, against Freo and the Tiges.
    With, hopefully Tippett and Hanners back we should have a pretty strong team.
    No Gibson or Lake for the Hawks.
    It looks as though Gibson will play. But I wonder how he will go after so many weeks out.

Just wild about Harry
    Do members have to pay at this game, or is it free?

If you have a non-Australian passport it's free during multicultural round. Or if you're a premiership club member you could use it to access an MCG game (if you haven't used it already)

Began this back in April we we've suffered our third loss and now some three months later we've had our fourth.
    Last time we played the Hawks at the G we lost by 54 points so this is a significant improvement....
    Would have been good to have won last night and as much as the loss to Hawthorn we'll learn a lot from it.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dawson View Post
    Began this back in April we we've suffered our third loss and now some three months later we've had our fourth.
    Last time we played the Hawks at the G we lost by 54 points so this is a significant improvement....
    Would have been good to have won last night and as much as the loss to Hawthorn we'll learn a lot from it.
    That is a good point to consider the improvement from the last game against hawks at the mcg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234