So I see that our friends out at Breakfast Point have added to the their random stable of affiliate clubs by adding the Auburn Women's club.

I guess that this is the least insidious of their hook-ups as that club clearly need all the help they can get but I fail to see what they are trying to achieve by rebranding the Goannas and Wolves. Especially as Parramatta could easily be promoted to the SFL soon therefore having the farcical position of the Giants playing themselves.

I also think it's a but of a sellout by the clubs themselves as the history of rebranding local clubs to AFL colours has not been successful on the whole (think Balmain Dockers, St George Crows, Campbelltown Kangaroos). Still we all know the fact that local clubs are living on the breadline and will happily sell their colours for a free set of footy jumpers, which is shamefully about all that Balmain got from their tie up with Freo....

What I am wondering is what GWS think they will get out of these silly re-brandings? For starters, one is a team so far from their demographic it is not funny. The Goannas kind of makes sense but then you alienate the other clubs in the area by trying to pick winners.

It's a dumb marketing ploy to try and make people think they actually care about AFL in Sydney. They would have been a lot better off but supporting ALL the clubs in their catchment area (Campbelltown, Liverpool, Penrith, Hawkesbury, Parramatta) equally with substantial but behind the scenes financial and logistical support. It would have been a drop in the ocean to what that mob must be costing.

If there are any genuine members of Parramatta or Manly on board, how do you feel about your club selling off it's history to these guys? The question would also be equally relevant to other clubs like St George and Balmain who have toyed with this in the past. And before the usual muppets come and shoot me down on here, it's a genuine question......