Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: vs Melbourne match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Normally agree with you, but not this time Mr BBB. If there was going to be a game he dominated it was against Melbourne, with a severely undersized opponent. I cant think of a worse player in red and white in the past 14 years.
    I dont watch ressies so cant comment on the capability of N & N to replace him, but it's a sad indictment of our list management that we can say that he deserves his spot for being capable of running into players without any expectation of him around the ground.

Cant help but feel that as opposed to creating a contest he's a space clogger in our forward line, with little to no hope of having an impact (unless the ball has been blessed by the Messiah).

Aside from giving an early season chop out to Pyke I dont see what else he does. Reminds me of Charlton Hestons role in Waynes World where he replaces a crap actor "I mean I know it's a small part - but surely we can do better than this". If we just want a lump that runs at people, surely we can get someone capable of adding to that brief?
    Mark Jamar says Hi. and thanks you for referring to his 198cm 101kg frame as undersized.

Torture Chambers also says Hi, and thanks RWO for annoiting his successor.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Mark Jamar says Hi. and thanks you for referring to his 198cm 101kg frame as undersized.

Torture Chambers also says Hi, and thanks RWO for annoiting his successor.

I think there is a huge difference between Torture Chambers and Tom D. If my memory serves me correctly didn?t Torture Chambers walk out of the club half way through 2006?

Unlike Torture Chambers, Tom D is enjoying the Bondi Beach lifestyle, and has become good friends with the most famous footballer in the land and his sidekick.

Hanging with the most famous footballer in the land on a famous Sydney beach is a huge turnaround from getting his marching orders from Richmond.

If you ask Tom D, I?m sure he would say that life could not get much better. He is playing regular senior football and creating a contest. He is even clever enough to get free in the goal square with no defenders around.

I?m not sure if any famous Swans players in 2006, took Torture Chambers under their wing. Chambers was not seen having a good time at the beach with Swans teammates like Tom D was.

Tom D will continue improving and he is filled with determination to succced.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

I am looking forward to Cunningham learning how to get more into the game, because when he gets the ball his disposal is terrific. Lloyd looks like he fits, albeit without any standout features that indicate he's a 100 game player. Certainly handy depth.
    ok on my hobby horse Jake Lloyd. I have been away and saw this comment a few days. I started to reply and saw it was Liz's comment. Read all her posts and and have learnt alot as my knowledge base is low. I do question the "no stand out features". The fact I believe are true. 1. kicks most of his goals from about 50 metres out (18 last year) 2. goals to behinds is 60:40 so ok near the top in accuracy 3. One of the best in Club at endurance 4. "appears" to be quick (ish) 5. High tackle count 6. quick thinker, I see some players get the ball and then look for best option, Jake seems to have worked out his options before he gets the ball. 7. High efficiency of disposal (if Melb game an indicator). What he lacks... experience, body hardening seasons of playing, maybe another 5 kg, belief in his ability from other team mates and if possible a little more height. All with time, except maybe the height one.

It is such a hard road that I think the 100, 200 + game club is as much a mental thing as a physical thing.

Anyway that is my thoughts. It appears we have some good young players that are coming through for the future.

Senior Player
    I think the hardest thing is finding a position for Jake that suits him best/we have available. Time will tell. He hasn't disgraced himself yet with what he's done. Solid. Ala Biggs IMHO.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I think there is a huge difference between Torture Chambers and Tom D. If my memory serves me correctly didn?t Torture Chambers walk out of the club half way through 2006?

Unlike Torture Chambers, Tom D is enjoying the Bondi Beach lifestyle, and has become good friends with the most famous footballer in the land and his sidekick.
    Just curious on what defines this 'Bondi Beach lifestyle', and whether this assessment is based solely on a few tawdry paparazzi-style photos?

Tom D has certainly been better value than Chambers and seems to be doing what is expected of him so far....

Tom D stays for now. End of.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Just curious on what defines this 'Bondi Beach lifestyle', and whether this assessment is based solely on a few tawdry paparazzi-style photos?
    Good question to Matt80 Jono. I was about to ask him the same thing!

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by goods78 View Post
    Good question to Matt80 Jono. I was about to ask him the same thing!
    It's about being part of wonderful community, built around one of the great natural wonders of the World.

The community is multifaceted and contains all elements of society:

Artists
    Hipsters
    Surfies
    Young White Collar
    Young Blue Collar
    Trendies
    Families
    Kiwis
    Bohemian identities
    Models
    The Beautiful People
    Sports Stars

The community is built around its famous beach, but locals live the Pubs, Clubs and Restaurants. The Waverley Council heavy car parking fees also deter unwanted visitors.

It's home to Australia's most famous Rugby League player SBW, Cricketer Michael Clarke and AFL Footballer Buddy.

It really is a wonderful place and Swans players love it.

It's about being part of wonderful community, built around one of the great natural wonders of the World.

The community is multifaceted and contains all elements of society:

Artists
    Hipsters
    Surfies
    Young White Collar
    Young Blue Collar
    Trendies
    Families
    Kiwis
    Bohemian identities
    Models
    The Beautiful People
    Sports Stars

The community is built around its famous beach, but locals live the Pubs, Clubs and Restaurants. The Waverley Council heavy car parking fees also deter unwanted visitors.

It's home to Australia's most famous Rugby League player SBW, Cricketer Michael Clarke and AFL Footballer Buddy.

It really is a wonderful place and Swans players love it.
    Nup, Clarke lives in the shire

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Westfield BJ?

Tom D stays for now. End of.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Westfield BJ?
    I hope the wonderful community you speak of is Bondi Junction - or does Westfield offer unexpected wonders?