Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: vs Melbourne match thread

Good win. Scoreline flattered melbourne. Should have been a 10 goal win if we kicked straight

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by altmattr View Post
    Seeing Goodes is wonderful, but it does make the rest of the team look even worse. He leads to space and delivers to a team-mate. I don't think I have seen any other Swan do both of those all year.
    Yep goodes looked a class above everyone on the ground

I don't think I have really enjoyed a single swans game this year - it has not been fun to watch this team. Great seeing Goodes, perhaps he can make the difference for the rest of the season.

Aside from seeing the great man doing his stuff again, the highlight of the evening was Derickx LOLZ. He's a lumbering two left feet sort of guy.

Unexpected benefit of having all these tall forwards is having the luxury of bringing one back in every time one goes out.

Gutsy win really...just ugly
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Wow that was a really, really ugly win. Take the 4 competition points and move on - nothing else to remember from that game.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Well done swans. Slowly working into the season. I know we would have scored a bigger score if the skills were better. Confidence is what is needed and a few wins can help do that

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by gossipcom View Post
    I really wish someone would teach the players to not fumble the damn ball
    Brilliant idea - let's get another assistant coach on the payroll asap....

I liked Derickxzxyx's game tonight - not pretty but he did his bit.

3 positives from this ugly game - win, Goodes not getting hurt & Hanners running back into form.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Brilliant idea - let's get another assistant coach on the payroll asap....
    Well I was actually implying to someone already at the club... but each their own I guess.

Suspended by the MRP
    A wins a win.

I was impressed again with Rampe and Laidler. Rampe looks so impressive with the ball in hand. He is a great mover and never looks flustered. His delivery is improving.

The midfield performances of Jack, Kennedy, Hanners and Parker was strong.

Goodes looked sharp and still has that acceleration. He will get better in the coming weeks.

Tom D had his best game and is improving. He is giving a good contest.

I worry for LRT. We don't know which of Franklin, Reid or Tippett will be available next week. If two out of the three are available he will struggle to stay in. If all three are available then he will go out!

I agree about LRT. Reid will push him out next week.

snyway, we are up to 9th and percentage over 100. 1 game and 4% behind 4th.

Warming the Bench
    That was one of the worst games of footy I have watched for a long time.

Umpiring was terrible. Holding the ball was a lottery and I can't remember seeing as many throws followed by the umpires call 'he made an attempt'. Crazy.

Against the weakest competition in the league, it looked like a bottom of the ladder contest. We played with no strategy moving the ball forward, our skills were poor and our intensity was down.

Goodes showed polish with his finishing skills, but looked very timid and avoided physical confrontations.

Add to this injuries, knocks and niggles - Buddy, McVeigh, Jetta, Hanner's, Jack.

One step forward last week and now two back.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast