Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: vs Melbourne match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Happy and I know it

vs Melbourne match thread

Goodes is sub.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Senior Player
    Unless forced by injury, or unless we have a massive lead , I bet AG stays in the vest til the 4th quarter.
    If we play poorly , we have no right to look to him as the deus ex machina.

I say history to repeat and Swans to win by 31.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansinger View Post
    Unless forced by injury, or unless we have a massive lead , I bet AG stays in the vest til the 4th quarter.

That's freaky! Well picked Nostradamous!

Quote Originally Posted by Swansinger View Post

Can you do that one again?

And honestly, do we stand a chance against Hawthorn?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    And honestly, do we stand a chance against Hawthorn?
    Yes we can beat them if we play one on one and don't let them have a loose man. They don't like that because they can't play their short kicking game. I have been to a number of cats v hawks games and the cats always trouble them. Hopefully Longmire watches their recent match from Easter Monday.

Of course we also have to make sure we don't turn the ball over like we did last night and we have to kick straight!

Straight kicking would have made all the difference. 12-12 rather than 9-15 would have made us all feel a lot better. I thought Derickz's handballing was good in tight and Grundy was rock solid, contrary to those calling for his head on a stick. And it looks like Buddy is going to have to get used to wearing a defender like a cheap suit for the rest of the season. The sooner we can play Reid or Tippett up front the better, even if only to draw another defender. At the moment, our forward set up doesn't really seem to be placing demands on opponents' back 6 structure; the HFs are still getting sucked up the ground, so we win clearances, but are kicking to space cluttered with spares. As for Lloyd not being kicked to?one of my enduring memories of a couple of seasons in the mid 2000s was a young, hairy J. McVeigh forever running, unmanned, into space down the O'Reilly wing, waving his arms and never having anyone kick to him. Maybe a week's lay-off for #23 might help rebalance the attack?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    As for Lloyd not being kicked to?one of my enduring memories of a couple of seasons in the mid 2000s was a young, hairy J. McVeigh forever running, unmanned, into space down the O'Reilly wing, waving his arms and never having anyone kick to him. Maybe a week's lay-off for #23 might help rebalance the attack?
    You're obviously delusional - did Macca ever have hair? And did he play last night - I didn't see him. I did see LRT scragged all night though. We always seem to get the B teams when they have taken their angry pills - GWS regarded the Swans game as their Grand Final and worked as they never have before. Melbourne had to show their new coach that he hadn't made the wrong choice - and nearly achieved it.

Melbourne 2014 = Sydney 2004? Or Freo 2012?

The Paul Roos game plan is always to get defence sorted out and then work on attack. I think Lyons left before the second part of the plan was executed, and it shows. But saying we played badly (though we did in bits) is to discount the incredible effort that Melbourne put into negating our best players. We were never given an inch of space and were harried throughout. Perhaps Buddy was practicing Buddhist mantras as he drove last week because I would have been considering punching some of the scragging Dees he had around his neck. Likewise LRT - and no doubt Macca the hirsute.

Remember how we regularly beat the Lions when they were at their best - well the Dees aimed to replicate that? If you want to play defensive-is-all footy (Remember the Richmond vs Crows game under Craig?) then you can drag any team down to your level until they tire. It was great that we played through it.

My wife went into the other room and watched Saturday Night Live and said she could still hear me screaming at the TV. It was an awful game to watch - up with the Saints in 2002 and 2005. But we got the four points. There are enough upsets around this weekend and we didn't add to them, phew.

When Sandra emerged last night I showed her every Goodes clip - and the roars when he came on and when he seas announced. She asked "does everyone love Adam?" - and I didn't tell her of the abuse he normally gets at MCG games. I wonder if that will be dished out to the sniping Australian of the Year this season. God it was good to see him back and finding space and targets. Does he have his own force field?

I went to bed imagining watching a game with Goodes, Franklin, Reid and Tippett filling our forward line. Sweet dreams indeed - I wonder if they'll ever be realised?

[QUOTE=Go Swannies;638730]You're obviously delusional - did Macca ever have hair?

mmm. yes. Hairier, but not necessarily hairy.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    So no changes then? Strange they flew Reid down and didn't give him a run in the ressies given next week is a ressies bye

How many times has Jake Lloyd got to be on his own to get a bloody kick. He has created space on at least 10 occasions in the first quarter only to be ignored. Bloody stupid not using the young fella as he knows at least how to drill it to Buddy, none of the others are capable of that.
    Terrible quarter. Panicked in defence. Dreadful delivery to the forwards. How many times do I have to say, GET RID OF THE BLOODY LONG BOMB!!!!!! For @@@@S SAKE GET SOME GOOD DELIVERY GOING HERE!!!

This is really pissing me off. I very much over Longmire. Dunn has been on his own in our forwardline all quarter and Longmire has done nothing to combat it. He is an idiot! that doesn't help the fact that our players are playing like a bloody NEAFL side. Pathetic!Pathetic! Pathetic! We are finished if we continue to dish up crap like this. There seems to be a pecking order as to who you kick or handball to. So many times Mal, Macca & Kizza have called for the ball in bad situations. the same goes for Benny. By the way what is the kicking to Benny over his head all about. Our delivery is crap. no wonder Franklin spent most of the quarter on the bench. LRT has got to get out of Franklin's bloody way. That was one of the most disgusting exhibitions of footy I have ever seen from this Swans side. We are trying to be too dinky. The other thing is we are just bombing to the forwardline not delivering. Why go to Macca surrounded by three when there was a player free closer. Just don't get the way we are playing. It seems to me some of our senior players are just playing to clock up stats and give each other easy ball.

The worst game I have seen all year and that is saying something as most of the games this season have been forgettable, not only ours most of the other sides are not that great either. But if we lose to this mob we will be bottom 6.

Jones & BJ didn't play in the Twos either so all three emergencies must have gone down.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast