Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Round 7 Changes V Brisbane

Walsh will play out a season in the reserves and probably head back to Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Walsh will play out a season in the reserves and probably head back to Ireland.
    Walsh is now one of our most important depth players, since we lost everitt and white.

On the Rookie List

Team cohesion

There is a factor not often recognised in the age of professional footballers called "team cohesion".This is how the "team" works as a unit and only comes from experience of working together on the field under pressure.One gets to know which way a player will turn and how far his kick will go;all the little things that then allow the next player to fit into the team style. It takes time(look at Buddy!) and is not achieved by resting players. In fact our best football has been played when there were hardly any changes week to week. A settled side can play cohesive football,an unsettled side has individuals trying to make a mark. If a player in the top 22 is fit you play them.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    It'd be helped along if we beat the Lions and won the week after, too.
    And at the start of the year the majority of RWOer's would have thought we would have won the first two games.....

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Walsh is now one of our most important depth players, since we lost everitt and white.
    What, the depth of RWO whipping boys?
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 1st May 2014 at 12:49 PM.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    It would kind of amuse me if he named his groin area either Leroy or Neville.
    Left one is Leroy, right is Neville??
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

Buddy and LRT are out.

B Jack and Reid are in.
    Swannies for life!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Buddy and LRT are out.

B Jack and Reid are in.
    No surprises with the outs hope LRT can make his way back and finish on his terms

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Derickx stays, mass controversy!

I can't help but think Buddy would be playing if it was a top 4 team.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Buddy and LRT are out.

B Jack and Reid are in.
    I wouldn't be surprised with a late out. We still have some sore bodies in the selected side.

Gee, when was the last time LRT was dropped? With Tippett due to return could be a long road back to the As.

Good to see Reid back.

Hope Goodes is ready for a full game, he's going to have to play full forward. Hope Jack is the sub, I'd like to see Lloyd get another full game. Reid has played some good games against the lions , he debuted against them IIRC. He also kicked 6 against them one game to I believe. Hope he has another good one ! ( overusing the word hope, I know )

Suspended by the MRP
    My reading of the selection is that Lloyd will be the sub. Longmire spent some time talking about B.Jacks pace in the forward line, leading us to believe he will start.

Tom D is ahead of LRT for the second ruck spot. Is LRT contracted for 2015? This is particularly worrying for LRT as the Lions number one ruckman is out!

Hope the key forwards post of Reid and Goodes can get through as they are both short of match practice.