Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Round 7 Changes V Brisbane

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    My reading of the selection is that Lloyd will be the sub. Longmire spent some time talking about B.Jacks pace in the forward line, leading us to believe he will start.

Tom D is ahead of LRT for the second ruck spot. Is LRT contracted for 2015? This is particularly worrying for LRT as the Lions number one ruckman is out!

Hope the key forwards post of Reid and Goodes can get through as they are both short of match practice.
    LRT will be back as soon as one of our bigger bodied backs is out. I think he plays his best football down there, but the Reg and Ted show has been going so well, its hard to crack a gig.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Agree that Derickx is ahead of LRT. The thinking would be that Derickx allows Pyke to play forward in lieu of Tippett. Once Tippett comes back, I think Derickx will be dropped. But good to give him as much game time as possible. Hopefully he can improve.

Hard to argue with medical decisions. Looks as if the decision was made to rest the 2 'superstars' for the Hawthorn game. Would have been nice for the forward line to get some practice together.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    LRT will be back as soon as one of our bigger bodied backs is out. I think he plays his best football down there, but the Reg and Ted show has been going so well, its hard to crack a gig.
    Great point on it being hard to crack a gig with those two, I hadn't really thought too much about how consistent Reg and Ted have been and just had a quick squiz- for the last 5 seasons (including this one) they've only missed a combined 16 out of 104 games- and that's mainly because of Ted missing 10 way back in 2010.
    Year/Swans Total/Heath/Ted
    2014: 6 H06 T06
    2013: 25 H25 T25
    2012: 25 H24 T25
    2011: 24 H20 T23
    2010: 24 H24 T14
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

I'm surprised Mitchell wasn't promoted

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Great point on it being hard to crack a gig with those two, I hadn't really thought too much about how consistent Reg and Ted have been and just had a quick squiz- for the last 5 seasons (including this one) they've only missed a combined 16 out of 104 games- and that's mainly because of Ted missing 10 way back in 2010.
    Year/Swans Total/Heath/Ted
    2014: 6 H06 T06
    2013: 25 H25 T25
    2012: 25 H24 T25
    2011: 24 H20 T23
    2010: 24 H24 T14
    Was the 2010 shortfall due to Ted being on the fringes rather than injury?
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezball View Post
    I'm surprised Mitchell wasn't promoted
    I think at last there is some sense in selections.

BJ whilst not tearing it up in the ressies has real pace is a more likely genuine small forward as he matures. We lack a pacy small forward, the position is his IMO if he can step up.

Mitchell is a gun in the making but doesn't have pace and there are only so many of those you can carry in a midfield without getting exposed. He is best 22 going forward, just not in this week for team balance I reckon.

That is why I think ROK and LRT will see limited games this year and Derickx is on borrowed time once/if the full compliment of talls gets on the paddock.

Veterans List
    BJ didn't tear it up in the ones either. No point having pace if can't find the pill and when you do, butcher it. People said last year that he was ahead of his brother at tghis stage of his career. Gone backwards this year. Why would you give Lloyd the vest when he finds the footy and most times delivers. Much harder nut than BJ. On Michell with no pace: lets put him on the market at years end and see 17 other clubs lining up to snare him. Absolute folly to put the slows on him for that reason. Then again I suppose Carlton originally had the same thoughts about Diesel Williams. Mitchell had a couple of average games: so what his average stats last year say that is only a hiccup.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I think at last there is some sense in selections.

BJ whilst not tearing it up in the ressies has real pace is a more likely genuine small forward as he matures. We lack a pacy small forward, the position is his IMO if he can step up.

Mitchell is a gun in the making but doesn't have pace and there are only so many of those you can carry in a midfield without getting exposed. He is best 22 going forward, just not in this week for team balance I reckon.

That is why I think ROK and LRT will see limited games this year and Derickx is on borrowed time once/if the full compliment of talls gets on the paddock.
    So who are all the "slows" in the midfield. Kj could find a few more yards; never been quick for mine, if Kennedy found another yard he would get 50 stats a game, yeh, McVeigh seems to have lost 10 metres this year (drop him), Parker, well he should be getting at least another 10 stats a game, Jetta has bulked up and lost heaps of pace and should be confined to the HFF and lets not forget McGlynn who seems to have lost all semblence of speed. Back to the Hawks for him. And ROK, well the man has never been quick and where does the notion come from the LRT has been quick and when was the last time he played in the midfield. Poor old TD is on borrowed time while we wait for our lightening quick boys in the 2's to blossom overnight into gazelle type ruckmen who can leap leap tall buildings and run at the pace of a speeding bullett. We could throw Reece Shaw in there but most have labelled him over the hill but why would we do that with an old man who is now running in reverse.

Give me a spell, please.

3 genuinely quick players in the side...Jetta, Cunningham and B Jack.

Could it be a clue to a late change....ie : OUT :K Jack (ribs, or should I say "back spasms"), IN :Mitchell
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    You're being really harsh on some players there. It's like you're expecting a team full of Usain Bolts

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    3 genuinely quick players in the side...Jetta, Cunningham and B Jack.

Could it be a clue to a late change....ie : OUT :K Jack (ribs, or should I say "back spasms"), IN :Mitchell
    Must apologise Ernie, I forgot Cunningham. Not enough professional running in the off season.

Suspended by the MRP
    The team will be better if we could get Garry Rohan back with confidence. I thought after that preseason game against West Coat that he was primed for a good season.

I look at someone like Ryce Shaw who has supreme confidence in his dashing ability and hope that Garry can find the same confidence. Ryce has pace, but Garry would beat him in a sprint.

I see a future with Garry Rohan, Dane Rampe, Alire Alire and Alex Johnson providing thunderous dash out of the back line and being a very dangerous proposition!