Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 7 Changes V Brisbane

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Tippett -(would think he'll need at least 1 more week, a busted rib is a busted rib, any defender worth his salt would be straight into it,
    one knee/ elbow to the ribcage, could see him out for the day)

Goodes- would ideally need to be subbed out in the 3rd quarter.

Reid - Wouldn't want to be relying on his body given the current state of Goodes and Tippett.

I don't think they would risk going into this game, with these three together, given their respective circumstances.

But I agree with your general sentiment that the injured players should be rested......My changes

OUT : McVeigh, K Jack, Jetta, Franklin

IN : Mitchell, B Jack, Reid, Rohan (sub),

Team:

B : Smith Grundy Rampe
    HB : Shaw Richards Malceski
    C : Lloyd Parker Cunningham
    HF : Goodes Reid McGlynn
    FF : B Jack LRT Bird
    Foll : Pyke Kennedy Hannebery
    Bench: Laidler, Derrickx, Mitchell
    Sub : Rohan
    I don't think that team would beat Brisbane. It might be better to play the strongest team then rest players for the Hawks game that's followed by the bye. At least you'd bank four points over the three weeks.

Resting players is for teams late in the season playing in the finals. We're nowhere that.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I don't think that team would beat Brisbane. It might be better to play the strongest team then rest players for the Hawks game that's followed by the bye. At least you'd bank four points over the three weeks.
    Ernie has put up a good team there. Franklin, Jack and Mcveigh, I'm sure are carrying injuries. When you carry injuries like that, there is always a danger you can do something to turn the injury into an extended layoff. We don't want those guys having extended layoff periods, so why not give them a week to off to try and shake off those injuries. After Brisbane they face the Hawks who will hit them as hard as Fremantle did.

If we can't beat Brisbane with the team that Ernie has put up, then we are not a finals team.

I note with my above comments that I'm not a Doctor or Physio, just expressing an armchair opinion.

Players play injured all the time

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezball View Post
    I know there's a few people who want Rohan back next week but his reserves form just doesn't warrant it IMO. He should be dominating but he's hasn't been named in the reserves best six for the reserves games he's played.
    +1
    Did not do much when in the seniors and, from reports, has not done enough in the Magoo's to demand a game back in the Snr's.

I would not mind seeing either Biggs or Membrey get a game though. I am especially keen to see Membrey get a go.
    We haven't really had a good medium sized fwd, apart from Morton, since (well going back to Craig O'Brien is a bit much isn't it?) Pebbles was dominating the 50m arc years ago and Magic had one and half good knees............................................. .................................................. ....................... (waiting for the RWO collective to point out someone I should have remembered
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Regarding Jacks' injury on the Sunday Footy show yesterday he mentioned he had hurt his back. If you go back to the last trail game against Brisbane he came off late in the game with a hit to the back.

So I would rest Jack, McVeigh and Jetta (he does not have the same level of pace he had in previous seasons). I think LRT may have a weeks rest for that hit. Buddy may be out as well if he is still sore.

INs : Tippett, O'Keefe, Mitchell, Rohan/Towers.

We need to get all the players fully fit for Hawthorn and Essendon games coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    INs : Tippett, O'Keefe, Mitchell, Rohan/Towers.
    Patty Mitchell for Derickx?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Patty Mitchell for Derickx?
    Not yet...but Tommy Mitchell, yeah.

Pat Mitchell is an intl rookie, I don't think he'll get elevated this year

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    Regarding Jacks' injury on the Sunday Footy show yesterday he mentioned he had hurt his back. If you go back to the last trail game against Brisbane he came off late in the game with a hit to the back.
    He's been wearing padding to protect his ribs, right side. During, and particularly after, matches he stands around with his right arm bent up and tucked in...As he grimaces with every breath...

I don't need a medical degree to see he has either badly bruised rib cartilage( which is very painful and can linger for weeks)..Or he has a busted rib or 2.

The back talk seems like an attempted smoke screen...But I doubt it's fooling anyone.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    (waiting for the RWO collective to point out someone I should have remembered
    When Stella logs on you may want to do a 'runner'....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Opti-pessi-misti
    I like Ernie's team too but with a couple of possible changes. I think LRT needs to join ROK, Rohan and Mitchell in the 2's and each of them should stay there until they can play 4 quarters of dominant or at least good football two weeks in a row. But for Ernie's team I agree that Mitchell would have to come in and if KT is not available LRT would have to stay. What a test it would be for Harry, Lloyd and B. Jack, and Goodesy and Reid would have stand up too. Bring it on!

I know it is early days but I am not convinced by Laider yet and would really like to see Biggs get a game but he is coming back from a limited pre-season too. So my sub would be Robinson or maybe Membrey mainly because they have been playing well in the 2's.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast