Thread: Rhyce Shaw 200 games.

Rhyce Shaw 200 games.

Rhyce has been a real win for the club and is still producing some great footy,(even if Wolfie disagrees). The move to the Swans has been a good one for him too. Congrats on the 200 Rhyce and hopefully you play many more.

Rhyce right to move north - sydneyswans.com.au

Veterans List
    Congratulations Rhyce - it's good to have a player that is so brutally honest around the club. From the time in one of your first games with the Swans when you abused Adam Goodes on the field for stuffing up a play in Canberra I knew you were going to be a good addition to the club. It's good to see you starting to get your run back - you're a worthy replacement for Tadhg.

Cheers - but going from an Audi A5 to a Holden - what were you thinking?

Yep, spot on Aardvark, he's been a fantastic recruit both on, and from what we read, off the field...A real leader around the club...

Hats off to you Rhycey, hope you have a big game !
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I've been critical of Rhyce a couple of times lately, but it would be churlish not to recognize the commitment he has brought to the club, his mentoring of other players, his being blessed with the pace to run and carry, and the encouragement and drive he imparts to our outstanding backline. Good on you Rhyce, and well done, I hope you have a great match this weekend.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

No doubt been a very good pick up for us.

200 games, he would not have thought he'd get to this milestone when he left Collingwood.

I love Rhyce Shaw. Especially his beautiful eyes and his gathering of the flock attitude. Often said he would be a natural coach and am immensely satisfied to see that that is his ambition.

More than anything I have appreciated his whole hearted attitude while throwing himself into the job at hand.

Congratulations Rhycey on reaching 200, you have worked very hard to reach that milestone. Salute.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'll be the first one to say that I almost choked when we recruited Rhyce. At the time, a player with a reputation for turning over the ball and not performing in big moments. In retrospect, the latter being a little unfair given his immaturity at the time of the trade. I thought it was a recruiting mistake. My ears pricked only a few years later when I heard the players speak glowingly of his mentoring and leadership both on and off the field. Sure, he still has disposal issues but you can't deny his hard work to improve his weaknesses. I went to school with his father and uncles and I have always wanted the Shaw kids to do well wherever they played.

Rhyce, well done on getting to 200 games. You embraced our club and, in turn, you made us stronger. I've got no doubt we'll be seeing you in a coaches box post your playing career.

Well done to Rhyce, glad I'll be there for it on Saturday night for my first trip to the Gabba. Has been a great recruit for us, as like mightybloods, I was exceptionally sceptical when we picked him up.

NO matter his form this year (which I think has been a little on the down side), he has been an superb pick up for us. Hope the boys celebrate it with a big win on Saturday night for him!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Blog Entries
    From twitter:

Ben McGlynn @McGlynn_21
    Absolute honour to play in R.Shaw 200th AFL game tonight! Enormous amount of respect for him, the heart & soul of @sydneyswans #goswans
    Interesting to read players opinions of their team mates!!

I found the snippet from his backline teammates on Swans TV particularly interesting. These things generally just turn into lots of light hearted digs and laughs, but it was a real serious piece and everybody seemed to speak from the heart. Guys like Rampe and Ted who would normally be taking the piss bigtime, spoke generously of Rhyce's impact on the group...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09