Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tickets for the essendon away game

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar

tickets for the essendon away game

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, I used to be a frequent user of this site but haven't been on for a while and I'm a bit rusty.

I'm just wanting to know if I can buy two more tickets (3 all up) with my sydney swans victorian membership, to the essendon game in a couple of weeks at etihad. I know the extra tickets will have to be paid for, but I'm just wondering if I can order them all at once so we can sit together? This is probably a really basic question, but I've never bought tickets for other people at the same time before so I'm not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You normally can. I booked seats for MCG last week and I could have booked others. The Dons game may be different. Check AFL site. It lists game types

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Go to Ticketmaster site, find Sport, then AFL.
    Then follow the cues. You should be able to get seats together. Alternately go to the Ticketmaster outlet as listed on the site; there's one at the Princess Theatre or Forum Theatre if they're handy.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Due to their large supporter base, Essendon games at Etihad are usually all-reserved-ticket affairs. I think you can assume that the same will be the case this year.

Victorian Swans members can book tickets online or by phone and only have to pay the additional booking fee (or upgrades from GA to other categories). You will be able to book additional tickets but will pay the full price for reserved seats for non-members. NSW (and other interstate) members will have to book tickets as well and pay full price.

I think. Await instructions from the club.

Senior Player
    Truth on past history ^

Had my first experience of buying tickets through the AFL's new variable ticketing pricing arrangements and you can see why so many people are pi@@ed off!

This is rated a Category A game so it's $52.00 (not including the handling fee) to sit on level 1 behind the goals, absolute bull@hit.

The other little trick that the AFL and Ticketmaster are using is that when you want to buy a seat on level 1 with your Victorian membership they are sold out. Go back and try and buy on level 1 at the full price and there was a full bay left at $52.00!!!!! Bastards are maximising their revenue and pushing members up to level 3.

On level 3 they then give you standard seats as a default on the wing at $14 above the membership price and make it as hard as possible to select behind the goals at $5.00.

Might not even bother going now. No wonder crowds are down and talkback is going nuts with people complaining about the pricing.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    Had my first experience of buying tickets through the AFL's new variable ticketing pricing arrangements and you can see why so many people are pi@@ed off!

This is rated a Category A game so it's $52.00 (not including the handling fee) to sit on level 1 behind the goals, absolute bull@hit.

The other little trick that the AFL and Ticketmaster are using is that when you want to buy a seat on level 1 with your Victorian membership they are sold out. Go back and try and buy on level 1 at the full price and there was a full bay left at $52.00!!!!! Bastards are maximising their revenue and pushing members up to level 3.

On level 3 they then give you standard seats as a default on the wing at $14 above the membership price and make it as hard as possible to select behind the goals at $5.00.

Might not even bother going now. No wonder crowds are down and talkback is going nuts with people complaining about the pricing.

DST
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I was wondering how much the tickets were.
    You can't see the price until you enter your barcodes.

I'm still contemplating whether to go or not.

Senior Player
    I've never booked tickets for an Essendon game at Etihad - simply scanned my membership at the turnstile and walked on in; same as any other game

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    I've never booked tickets for an Essendon game at Etihad - simply scanned my membership at the turnstile and walked on in; same as any other game
    No idea how you've done that, but keep on keeping on.

Just booked then, Lv3 standard is only available behind goals (well pockets now) at row W for a group of 3.
    Level 3 Premium behind goals was what we chose @ $21 for members. Row F. Lv3 standard/premium wings sold out.
    Best available was Level 2 wings @ $40 for members.
    All in all painful site, and as said above, they make it hard to see what truly is available.

I went through the process on Monday and was about to pay $50-something for Missus, two kids and me to book using membership barcodes. I thought it was odd because I believed we only had to pay a booking fee.

Anyway, finally figured that if I changed the option to Category 9 (had to go back and start again, entering all the barcodes etc.), I got seats on Level three behind the goals.

Unfortunately, they are in Row W which I assume is 24 rows back. Genuine nose-bleeds. I thought the Libs had us bent over with their budget but this is not great value for membership loyalty.

Still looking forward to the game. I urge Swans fans to persist and get to the game anyway. It should be a good win and we deserve to see it. If you are a Vic member, select category nine (default is Best Available) and it should only cost you a couple of bucks and the handling fee. I assume they will stick us all together, so there should be a reasonable atmosphere if we get going and flog these flogs.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    I went through the process on Monday and was about to pay $50-something for Missus, two kids and me to book using membership barcodes. I thought it was odd because I believed we only had to pay a booking fee.

Anyway, finally figured that if I changed the option to Category 9 (had to go back and start again, entering all the barcodes etc.), I got seats on Level three behind the goals.

Unfortunately, they are in Row W which I assume is 24 rows back. Genuine nose-bleeds. I thought the Libs had us bent over with their budget but this is not great value for membership loyalty.

Still looking forward to the game. I urge Swans fans to persist and get to the game anyway. It should be a good win and we deserve to see it. If you are a Vic member, select category nine (default is Best Available) and it should only cost you a couple of bucks and the handling fee. I assume they will stick us all together, so there should be a reasonable atmosphere if we get going and flog these flogs.
    Yeah thats where we were headed, dad fired up about his eyesight that high so we "chose" to pay the extra, extra dollars

We will drown that place in white, and sound.

I have only ever seen Buddy Live once (2012 GF), so i didnt really get to sit back and enjoy him live. So i aim to drink it in, and also marvel at Man Mountain Tippo. He was massive last year vs Melbourne. I want rag dolling! Use the new "relaxed" marking rules.

Blog Entries
    Just scored some lvl 2 Medallion club tics and free parking. For free!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast