Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Brisbane v Sydney

Our impression of Jetts' performance would have been far more favourable had he nailed a couple more of those shots on goal. His kicking, which was one of his strong points, is letting him down this year.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Our impression of Jetts' performance would have been far more favourable had he nailed a couple more of those shots on goal. His kicking, which was one of his strong points, is letting him down this year.
    Like I said it's the 2010 jetta at the moment. Wasn't it 19 behinds before his first goal ?

Veterans List
    Think many are being way too harsh on Jetts - if not the 2012 version, I reckon he's been working hard, generally using the ball pretty well, and certainly adding something to the team. Hopefully, he keeps getting a little better each week, far from our worst this year IMO.

I think Jetts looked really hard on himself.. Horse seemed to be trying to pep him up just after the game..

Jetts had 20+ possessions - a lot by his standards - but I don't recall him carrying the ball. Not sure he even bounced it once. Usually he laid the ball off by foot (79% efficiency). I wonder if that's under instruction.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Think many are being way too harsh on Jetts - if not the 2012 version, I reckon he's been working hard, generally using the ball pretty well, and certainly adding something to the team. Hopefully, he keeps getting a little better each week, far from our worst this year IMO.
    I don't mean to be hard on him. I agree with others that he's looking Better and better. He could have kicked three goals and we would b singing his praises

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Tony Shaw kept calling Rampe "Ramp Key" all night. And then in the post match wrap up, when they were going on about the Swans left footer, he said Bird was a left footer.
    Yes I heard both of those too. He was generally fairly generous to the Swans all evening, but it was from the perspective of an uncle whose nephew was playing his 200th game rather than someone who actually knew how the Swans players have been going this year.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Jetts had 20+ possessions - a lot by his standards - but I don't recall him carrying the ball. Not sure he even bounced it once. Usually he laid the ball off by foot (79% efficiency). I wonder if that's under instruction.
    He's been chased down a couple of times this year...

I think, in bulking up, he's lost a yard or 2 and, more importantly, his confidence to just tuck the ball and take off.

There have been many opportunities this season for him to just take off and he hasn't. Can't believe that would be an instruction.

Regardless, I think his general play has been really good. He certainly has more confidence in the physical side of his game, and his disposal/ decision making is fantastic.

I reckon he's adjusting and growing into a newish style of play before our very eyes....I'm really enjoying watching it unfold.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I also have the impression that he is working on expanding his repertoire, so perhaps not so much running and bouncing. But that goal against Melbourne, where he was fed the ball from a scrimmage and took off, three steps and he was past everyone else, and let fly. Classic.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I don't mean to be hard on him. I agree with others that he's looking Better and better. He could have kicked three goals and we would b singing his praises
    Jetta still hasn't learnt the art of kicking when running straight towards goal, al la McVeigh and Ablett for example , who drop the ball low onto their foot and follow through so the ball rotates without deviation. They make it look so simple, you wonder why others can't do it. Not too many can do it like Buddy.
    Hanners was struggling to execute this as well today (the Buddy technique).

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I have to admit that did bother me a little in "how hard is it to be moderately informed" manner. I think Tony Shaw at one point was basically suggesting it should be a new permanent role for him.

.........)
    People talk about the dilution of talent due to the 18 teams in the comp....but what about the commentators.

I'm pretty sure the guys commentating this game would be propping up the ladder.

I don't mind Lynch, but he's not a main target, more your third man up commentator.

I doubt we'll hear that team again this year for Swans games...they will however be commentating alot of Lions games.

- - - Updated - - -

...Ramp-Key....idiot.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Blog Entries
    While his goal kicking has been amiss, his field kicking is improving.
    Starting to find the targets, or at least kicking to advantage.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast