Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Brisbane v Sydney

Kid deserves that. Workhorse.

Blog Entries
    Lloyd has finally settled the nerves, and looking like he belongs out there.

Our midfield is pretty amazing. Top 5 disposals from both teams are all swans midfielders not to mention 6 of our goals. And we're behind on hit outs again!

Suspended by the MRP
    Could Jake Lloyd be a better player than Tom Mitchell. He certainly has more leg speed. Would anyone look good against this mediocre team!

I can't believe how much people are whinging about an 80 point win basically without a forward line. Ridiculous!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    I can't believe how much people are whinging about an 80 point win basically without a forward line. Ridiculous!
    Watching from Canada and agree. And lose the ruck man before half time. Happy with that - and Goodes gets through a full game. Sam looked rusty but you'd expect that. Now TD's time to show if he's up to it - I can't believe some are now calling for him to be dropped. As I said last week, this situation is why he's out there.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Tom D has played well since Pyke went down. Well done. Rising to the occasion.
    Agreed. Well played Bo. I'll shout him a coffee next time I see him at Westfield BJ

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    A win is a win, but the way we butchered so many opportunities against weak opposition is disappointing.

We need to be building for the next month of footy, not just getting 4 points against bottom 2 teams.

agree some the kicks into Goodes were terrible.........unbelievable in fact !

some the kicks for goal looked very very tired by Jetts

But for me the signs of the Swans football overall against a team that was ordinary and gave us too much time with the ball were pretty good !

I think a lot of the lads are better for the run the last few weeks and they know what level they need to play at to take on the Hawks........lets see if they can lift like they did against Freeo

PS - dont right off Tom Mitchell > the kid is a gun and played poorly to start 2014 but who didnt ! ........ he will come back when injury free and grab the game like he did last year

- - - Updated - - -

agree some the kicks into Goodes were terrible.........unbelievable in fact !

some the kicks for goal looked very very tired by Jetts

But for me the signs of the Swans football overall against a team that was ordinary and gave us too much time with the ball were pretty good !

I think a lot of the lads are better for the run the last few weeks and they know what level they need to play at to take on the Hawks........lets see if they can lift like they did against Freeo

PS - dont right off Tom Mitchell > the kid is a gun and played poorly to start 2014 but who didnt ! ........ he will come back when injury free and grab the game like he did last year
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Did Derrickx ruck the entire second half? I can't remember seeing anyone give him a rest.

I text a few of my regulars at QT about how Derrickx was making it hard for me to defend him this week, he was just God awful.

Then as a few have mentioned, from the time Myke went down he grew a leg. Maybe it dawned on him there and then that he was in the team regardless for the next month and freed him up mentally?
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

As Unco as he is you have to give it to Bo he really gives 110% and has a big tank. Is Goodes ok? seemed he was kicking on his left all night except for set shots and Keiran mentioned at the end of the game that he was really impressed with how the old fella played on one leg? Hopefully its just him getting to trust his body is upto it after the injury. Still sloppy skills wise but the effort is getting better each week.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast