Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Round 8 changes V Hawthorn

voltron.jpg

AND I'LL FORM.... THE HEAD!!

what if we thought of Buddy as a Forward Flanker and was only 188cm tall ?

Tipp, Reid and Goodes then as our leading talls up front doesnt seem so confusing with matchups and keeping stacks of forward pressure on a team like the Hawks

Buddy truly plays like a tall forward flanker anyway !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Jack, Tip, Goodes
    Buddy, Reid, Parker

TomD
    Kennedy
    McGlynn
    Macca
    Cunningham
    Jetta

Mal, Reg, Shaw
    Rampe, Ted, Smithy

Bench:

19. Birdy
    20. Laidler
    21. Hannes
    22. LRT - I would take the risk of letting Tom play out 2.5 qtrs then bring on LRT to finish unless Tom appears to be able to keep running it out........Tippett if he can run and take marks he can certainly do a qtr in the ruck if we are desperate !!!

I think we need Laidler for man on man work against talls and third man in when needed this week given McEvoy and Hale are playing and Reidy can swing only if desperate !
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 7th May 2014 at 10:43 PM.

Dropping Hanners, A.G?

@@@@ !!!!

my bad !

If buddy does play I can see reid being 2nd ruck. Lrt would make us too top heavy.

Out: Fri night

In: Sat afternoon (when it will be 24 and sunny)

Interesting last week in a smashing some of the lighter fast players at the Hawks went ok in the disposals ie Hartung on the rise

you can see why if we want to beat a Hawthorn with their blooding of small quick players the last few years we had to develop a Cunningham for matchups and McGlynn more time in the midfield with Jetts

Rioli - 24
    Smith - 29
    Hill - 24
    Hartung - 26
    Duryea - 18
    Hallahan - 18

Hale appeared to play predominantly Forward with Roughie, Gunston, Birchall......Schoenmakers which is 5 guys 193cm plus thru to 200cm..........

McEvoy had double the amount of hit outs as Hale

I sometimes forget that Gunston and Birchall are actually 193cm tall !

Whither Jake Lloyd?
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

At least now I'm a lot clearer about Buddy's knee problem:

That dramatic hyperextension left him with vulnerability in the joint, which led to a build up of synovial fluid that formed a Baker's cyst and forced him to miss games last year.

I like Jake too.......and if the Hawks go with so many smalls again maybe you could drop Bird (just joking) but we need speed to go with Rioli, Hill, Smith etc......so I am very reluctant to drop HarryC

I thought Harry did a fairly good run with role against Hill Freeo.....massive challenge and slowed the effectiveness of stephen hill so maybe he could go again with one of the three above ?

its just an awesome predicament to be in i suppose when we cant decide between 4 or 5 players and how gets picked !

BTW we need height in our backline more then anything is my final call hence keeping laidler

When are we going to accept that hit outs don't matter to clearances? Let the hawks go in top heavy. Derickx can handle the centre. Tippet the forward 50. Laidler and Goodes the back 50.