Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 8 changes V Hawthorn

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Reid needs to take a mark.
    According to the comentators it takes time to remember how to take marks when you come back from an injury ????

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Naismith still injured?
    What about Nankervis? As much as I am happy with TomD's progress I think we need another recognised ruck, not a part timer. The way TomD plays, rough and tumble, he is just as likely to injure himself as the opposition.
    The word from some regulars who watch the reserves is that despite some good performancesToby N is not yet ready for senior AFL Football.

He is only 19, and it would be tough to throw him in against high quality ruckman like Hale and McVoy.

Depending on injures, I would like to see Toby N get a game later in the year against an opposition with a weak and depleted ruck structure.

As was already said, I think Tippet, Franklin in for Pyke and BJ will (should) be the only changes. I don't like the idea of bringing in LRT, either way I think we'll be smashed in the hitouts, and it'll be up to Derickx and our midfield to win it once the ball hits the deck.

Laider wont be dropped. The back six is just getting it's groove on.

Quote Originally Posted by billyboob View Post
    Laider wont be dropped. The back six is just getting it's groove on.
    I wouldn't touch the back 6 at the moment to be honest. I know its only been Melbourne and the Lions the last two weeks, but they are looking solid as a unit again I think.

Pyke looked okay this morning when I spotted him at Brisbane airport. But I'd fully expect we won't be seeing him next week. So its Pyke out, Tippett in for me & Buddy in for BJ (who is getting there but still raw!). It'll be unbalanced, but going tall might be our best hope of disrupting the Dawks down back, especially with Lake out. I'd like to keep BJ in there, but I can't work out how else you get both Tippett and Buddy in (assuming they are fit) without him going out.

I'm still far from convinced about Derrickx - he looks an ordinary footballer to me. But with Pyke out, he has to stay in the team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post
    As was already said, I think Tippet, Franklin in for Pyke and BJ will (should) be the only changes. I don't like the idea of bringing in LRT, either way I think we'll be smashed in the hitouts, and it'll be up to Derickx and our midfield to win it once the ball hits the deck.
    Well don't you mean its up to our midfield to win it? Derickx has no ball winning presence at all once the ball hits the ground.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I hope im wrong but i wouldnt be surprised if Goodes is out, Keiran after the game said he thought goodes did well for being on one leg and he only disposed of the ball with his left boot all night, except for set shots. Hopefully its just the old fella getting confidence in his knee but he did look proppy after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by On-Baller View Post
    I hope im wrong but i wouldnt be surprised if Goodes is out, Keiran after the game said he thought goodes did well for being on one leg and he only disposed of the ball with his left boot all night, except for set shots. Hopefully its just the old fella getting confidence in his knee but he did look proppy after the game.
    He certainly looked stiff this morning at the Airport so it wouldn't surprise me.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    He certainly looked stiff this morning at the Airport so it wouldn't surprise me.
    Hope it's just general post game soreness

IN : Tippett, Franklin

OUT : Pyke, Goodes ( he looked very sore to me)

Question mark over Malceski, who got a big corky to his upper leg/ hip area.

If he goes out, they may bring back LRT after all. That will give them another defender and a ruck back up.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by On-Baller View Post
    We were sat only a few meters from the interchange bench. Goodsey clearly had a problem in the last quarter-was getting a lot of attention from the physio. Didn't look happy.
    Regards,

Boro Boy

In: Tippett, Buddy.

Out: Pyke, Lloyd.

Very stiff on Lloydy who I think is a really handy type going forward. Tough, good skills, clean below his knees with good pace. Unfortunately when you have Tippett and Buddy waiting in the wings someone has to be pushed out.

Tippett will have to spend alot of time in the ruck to give Derrickx a chopout. We will get turned over in the clearences with just Derrickx against Hale and McEvoy.

If were going to turnover the Hawks we have to put pressure on every one of their ball carriers and hit them on the rebound. There a super, super, football side so we'll have to be at our best to beat them but I reckon we can push them all the way if our pressure is up there. Go Bloods.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

I just can't see Tippet rucking first game back after a dodgy knee and a into 2nd year of limited football. No way. Reid (out of form too) maybe. So its pretty desperate there. LRT (out of form and favour, perennial stop gap, maybe). Naismith injured(?). Nanker only 19. Big day for DerX and the midfield!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast