Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 8 changes V Hawthorn

Tippett in for Pyke.

Concede the hitouts and just make sure the mids run as hard as ever.

Only way we can win.

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    In: Tippett, Buddy.

Out: Pyke, Lloyd.

Very stiff on Lloydy who I think is a really handy type going forward. Tough, good skills, clean below his knees with good pace. Unfortunately when you have Tippett and Buddy waiting in the wings someone has to be pushed out.

Tippett will have to spend alot of time in the ruck to give Derrickx a chopout. We will get turned over in the clearences with just Derrickx against Hale and McEvoy.

If were going to turnover the Hawks we have to put pressure on every one of their ball carriers and hit them on the rebound. There a super, super, football side so we'll have to be at our best to beat them but I reckon we can push them all the way if our pressure is up there. Go Bloods.
    That would be ridiculously stiff on Lloyd. He got 29 disposals, 8 marks, 3 tackles and a goal against the Lions. BJ Is the obvious one to drop out - I know he only got 2 and a bit quarters, but only had 8 disposals in that time. Lloyd deserves comfortably to keep his place.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

If Goodes is sore they may rest him this week. I would keep Lloyd as I think he has a great future and looks better than BJ and Mitchell at the moment.

Out: Pyke, B Jack

In : Franklin, Tipppett

Pushing for Selection
    Cringing at thought of Longmire using Nankervis as the starting sub this week. Last time we tried a ruck as the sub we drew with Melbourne at the MCG.
    Using Tapatalk

Goodesy looked to be limping for most of the second half.

In: Tippett, Franklin
    Out: Goodes, Pyke
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by BobLog View Post
    Cringing at thought of Longmire using Nankervis as the starting sub this week. Last time we tried a ruck as the sub we drew with Melbourne at the MCG.
    What makes you think he will do this?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLog View Post
    IF they were to use Nankervis, I doubt it would be as a Sub. Surely they would want to go with 2 Rucks all game.

Also the game you mention was our first using the sub IIRC. I'm sure Horse learnt from that.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    In: Tippett, Buddy.

Out: Pyke, Lloyd.

Very stiff on Lloydy who I think is a really handy type going forward. Tough, good skills, clean below his knees with good pace. Unfortunately when you have Tippett and Buddy waiting in the wings someone has to be pushed out.

Tippett will have to spend alot of time in the ruck to give Derrickx a chopout. We will get turned over in the clearences with just Derrickx against Hale and McEvoy.

If were going to turnover the Hawks we have to put pressure on every one of their ball carriers and hit them on the rebound. There a super, super, football side so we'll have to be at our best to beat them but I reckon we can push them all the way if our pressure is up there. Go Bloods.
    According to Champion Data, Lloyd was the 4th best player on the ground. Took 29 possessions. Can't possibly drop him.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    According to Champion Data, Lloyd was the 4th best player on the ground. Took 29 possessions. Can't possibly drop him.
    Have they announced the Round 7 Rising Star nominee yet?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    I hope that Buddy plays...not for the obvious reasons but because it will be his first game against his old side and it will better if he plays in front of a home crowd rather than in front of the feral hawks supporters.

That young Neale from Freo won the medal for the derby , he's only 20 so I'd assume he'd be eligible and if so, would get this weeks nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    That young Neale from Freo won the medal for the derby , he's only 20 so I'd assume he'd be eligible and if so, would get this weeks nomination.
    Langdon for collingwood also had a big game. 3 big performances from some young players.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast