Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 8 changes V Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by southsideswan View Post
    Fantasy/supercoach leagues give a rough indication on how players are going. You are right Lloyd was 10th with 97 pts. If you go by the points then Lewis Jetta was above Parker, Malceski, Shaw, Bird, Goodes, McGlynn etc. and 1 point behind Rampe. From my limited knowledge, and this is definitely not a bag Jetta comment, the fantasy points should not be used to relate to real life contributions.
    I guess what i'm saying is Lloyd had a good contribution for a new player but probably not worthy of a Rising Star nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I'm no medico, but I think Pyke will miss against Essondon as well. You don't want to push hamstrings and missing the Essondon game will give him four weeks to get this injury right for the Geelong game.
    It may also depend on how Tom plays as well. If Tom can get by okay on Friday, I agree, why risk Pyke.

If Pyke were available, we most likely would have dropped Tom for Tippett. So it's just a bit of a downgrade in the ruck quality, but shouldn't have a major impact on the game if Tom can just compete like he did in the second half of the Brisbane game.

We should have an advantage in the midfield with Mitchell, Shiels and Sewell all out injured. Nonetheless, Hawthorn deserve to be heavy favourites. The only way to beat them is to bring relentless pressure, as Geelong did. Tippett can also play a big role with Lake being out. It was a long time ago, but Tippett took Shoenmakers to the cleaners in the prelim v. Adelaide, and I can't see who else can take him.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I guess what i'm saying is Lloyd had a good contribution for a new player but probably not worthy of a Rising Star nomination.
    They've given them out for a lot less, I don't think there would be too much harumphing (beyond him being from Sydney/us picking him up from the academy) if he picked one up if there wasn't another stand out performance.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    They've given them out for a lot less, I don't think there would be too much harumphing (beyond him being from Sydney/us picking him up from the academy) if he picked one up if there wasn't another stand out performance.
    He's not from the Academy. We picked him up with our 1st rookie draft pick. Followed by Xav Richards, Rampe, Dan Robinson (who is not far behind Lloyd) and Brandon Jack. Now that's what you call a rookie draft.

Glad he showed what all the fuss was about with his reserves performances. He's made a good start to bringing that sort of form to AFL level.

According to Super Coach points it's Langdon, Kennedy-Harris and then Lloyd.
    I FEEL THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!

Champion Data.

Macca 135
    KJ 133
    JPK 130
    Hanners 123
    Rampe 115
    Jets 114
    Mal 112
    Shaw 110
    Parker 102
    Lloyd 97
    Well, if you meant Champion Data, you should have said Champion Data, not fantasy points ... lol
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

I reckon we should surprise Hawthorn. Drop Derickx and play Lloyd in the ruck

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    I know you're trying to win the silliest suggestion of the year award, but some others sheer weight of numbers has you well behind the pack...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I know you're trying to win the silliest suggestion of the year award, but some others sheer weight of numbers has you well behind the pack...
    Didn't want to feel left out

Don't want to risk one of our future stars. BUT.................................

Seriously, ROK would be a viable option. He can become our No. 1 ruckman and get his well deserved 300 game send-off. He would be like a mini-Mummy and can run all day. Remember when Jason Blake, of similar stature, killed our duel ruck combo.

Senior Player
    Didn't want to feel left out
    Let's play aliir in the ruck

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Let's play aliir in the ruck
    McGlynn

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast