Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 8 changes V Hawthorn

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    That young Neale from Freo won the medal for the derby , he's only 20 so I'd assume he'd be eligible and if so, would get this weeks nomination.
    Neale has played nearly 30 games, so will be well over the maximum of 10 at the start of the year for him to be eligible. Langdon will probably get the nomination. If Lloyd can produce something similar against Hawthorn he would be a worthy nominee.

We had 9 players over 100 fantasy footy points this week and Lloyd wasn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    We had 9 players over 100 fantasy footy points this week and Lloyd wasn't one of them.
    Are you sure about that??
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Warming the Bench
    According to the stats from last year McEvoy was the worst performing ruckman in the league and Hale is more of a forward 2nd ruckman, so it is not like where up against a Polly Farmer so why not take a punt and go with Nankervis.
    Other teams arn't afraid to play first gamers in big matches, nearly every year Essendon or Collingwood debut a player on Anzac Day and that is as big as it gets apart from september.

Fantasy/supercoach leagues give a rough indication on how players are going. You are right Lloyd was 10th with 97 pts. If you go by the points then Lewis Jetta was above Parker, Malceski, Shaw, Bird, Goodes, McGlynn etc. and 1 point behind Rampe. From my limited knowledge, and this is definitely not a bag Jetta comment, the fantasy points should not be used to relate to real life contributions.

Pushing for Selection
    What makes me think Nankervis may start sub? Those close day he is not ready. He's only a teenager. LRT is out form and didn't play on the weekend. Pyke is definitely out. Tippett is coming back from injury. We use the substitute the worst in the AFL. We have used a ruck as a sub before.
    Using Tapatalk

So, Franklin definitely out and Tippett an almost certain starter.
    Franklin doubtful to face Hawks but Tippett likely - sydneyswans.com.au

Tippett in for Pyke.

Reid can burnish his credentials as the new LRT by helping Dezza in the ruck.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    According to the stats from last year McEvoy was the worst performing ruckman in the league and Hale is more of a forward 2nd ruckman, so it is not like where up against a Polly Farmer so why not take a punt and go with Nankervis.
    Other teams arn't afraid to play first gamers in big matches, nearly every year Essendon or Collingwood debut a player on Anzac Day and that is as big as it gets apart from september.
    Despite his size, McEvoy is not a particularly good tap ruckman, but is one of the best around the ground. He's a smart player that seems to show up at the right times to take a critical mark, a la Dean Cox.

Hale is a probably one of the best ruckmen that plays primarily as a forward and might give TD some trouble.

The way Tom plays, he just tries to negate the other ruckman as best possible. Whether he wins the hitout is irrelevant. The thing I most worry about Tom is that he might clumsily injure one of our own players.

I think Longmire's assessment of Tom was pretty accurate. He hasn't played much senior footy and still has a lot to learn, but he's not exactly young (as Longmire claims). Although I've been quite critical of him (maybe a bit unfairly), I would be ecstatic to see him raise his game to an AFL standard.

Senior Player
    And no mention about goodes either way

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    And no mention about goodes either way
    Longmire talks about Goodes near the end of the video (but it's not in the write up). The great news is that he said that Adam feels really good today after feeling a bit sore yesterday. Maybe having a shot at Eddie made Goodes feel much better!

Longmire also says Reid pulled up well. And that Pyke's hamstring is a minor strain that should only cost him a week out. Bad week to miss unfortunately for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Are you sure about that??
    Champion Data.

Macca 135
    KJ 133
    JPK 130
    Hanners 123
    Rampe 115
    Jets 114
    Mal 112
    Shaw 110
    Parker 102
    Lloyd 97

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Longmire talks about Goodes near the end of the video (but it's not in the write up). The great news is that he said that Adam feels really good today after feeling a bit sore yesterday. Maybe having a shot at Eddie made Goodes feel much better!

Longmire also says Reid pulled up well. And that Pyke's hamstring is a minor strain that should only cost him a week out. Bad week to miss unfortunately for us!
    I'm no medico, but I think Pyke will miss against Essondon as well. You don't want to push hamstrings and missing the Essondon game will give him four weeks to get this injury right for the Geelong game.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast