Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Round 8, Sydney v Hawthorn

Senior Player
    Yeah 4 straight goals at critical times when we couldn't hit the side of the barn... should have scraped him in for at least 1 vote!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thank goodness for the TLM!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Wow Hawthorn really in trouble now with injuries + Roughead's one match suspension. Gibson now out for an extended period following that injury he incurred in our match trying to spoil. From AFL site:

"HAWTHORN's premiership defence has suffered another significant blow with reigning best and fairest winner Josh Gibson set to miss about 10 weeks with a ruptured left pectoral tendon."

Feel sorry for the Hawks team itself...

Buuuuuuuuuuuuut.... as far as the hawk supporters go....

The ultimate question is... is Buddy giving them depth problems???

Their team is screwed and I'm loving it. After all the crap they gave us last year without considering our injuries, I'm not giving them (Their supporters) an inch of sympathy.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Feel sorry for the Hawks team itself...

Buuuuuuuuuuuuut.... as far as the hawk supporters go....

The ultimate question is... is Buddy giving them depth problems???

Their team is screwed and I'm loving it. After all the crap they gave us last year without considering our injuries, I'm not giving them (Their supporters) an inch of sympathy.
    This may be premature, but I think the Hawks will now finish in 5-8 position. I don't think you can finish in the top 4 with so many good players out!

There backline is very undersized and lacking in class, while there remaining midfield talent will be clammed more with Mitchell out.

They could be extremely dangerous in the finals from position 5-8 as their better players will be back at that point.

I think you may be correct where they will finish on the table. Maybe Dermott Brereton could be spot on with his prediction re Hawthorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    This may be premature, but I think the Hawks will now finish in 5-8 position. I don't think you can finish in the top 4 with so many good players out!

There backline is very undersized and lacking in class, while there remaining midfield talent will be clammed more with Mitchell out.

They could be extremely dangerous in the finals from position 5-8 as their better players will be back at that point.
    By the time they get back for the finals though, will they be 100% match-fit? I really doubt it. We saw how the swans played at the seasons beginning after a long period off. I don't think they can win the Premiership from here. Even the Hawks online are conceding defeat somewhat, and they're generally a pretty cocky bunch, so you know something is bad when that happens.

Writing off Hawthorn is folly. They could easily knock off Port and everyone will be back on the bandwagon.

Port dont have a tall forward line, which seems to be their achillies heal.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Writing off Hawthorn is folly. They could easily knock off Port and everyone will be back on the bandwagon.

Port dont have a tall forward line, which seems to be their achillies heal.
    It does seem a bit odd to be foretelling their imminent demise when they are sitting in 2nd spot with a 6-2 record and a week's break. Sure, their depth will be tested but it is that depth that has been lauded all year so far.

Just wild about Harry
    I'm assuming The Strut is injured?

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Temporarily - I think he was listed as 1 week.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Ankle injury listed as out 1 week. That might mean he could be fit for Port match after the bye.