Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 8, Sydney v Hawthorn

Veterans List
    I notice Towers is an emergency again. Are the coaching staff seeing something in him that the ressie watchers aren't? Or do they just name guys like Towers, Membrey, Aliir etc just to give them a little bost knowing they won't actually need to come into the team as the other two named would be the actual elevations if needed.

Worried about the weather, even if it doesn't rain I assume it will be slippery, not conditions we have handled well n the past :-(

IMO Lloyd has to start after his breakout game last week but then can't see the sense in having a tall as the sub.

Relief ruck is who?

I live next to Olympic Park and there was no rain in the area yesterday or today.

Veterans List
    We haven't seen the thread yet but I reckon it will be a fairly strong ressies side this afternoon.

Oh, I do like the Olympic Park weather observations, please stay dry all day and night ...... please

Please stay dry.... if the swannies are going to help me celebrate my birthday with a big win, it'll need some good weather and a dry track!

Carn the mighty bloods - we need to stand tall tonight and show we are the real deal!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Goes up to 11
    I'm not sure on the "we have too many talls" line. In an AFL sense, a 'tall' is normally a ruckman or a key position player (in the old fashioned sense). I don't see any of Buddy, Goodsey or to a lesser extent Reid being 'talls', as they are pretty mobile with good hands when the ball's on the deck. They certainly aren't lumbering talls who are next to useless when the balls on the ground or when required to place defensive pressure.

So our lineup including Tippett, Buddy, Goodsey and Reid up forward (or elsewhere around the ground) shouldn't be considered to have too many talls, as some of these guys are particularly mobile and skillful (which makes Goodsey and Buddy such special talents). I'm looking forward to seeig them all out there.

I'm actually pretty excited for this. I know the big boys are underdone but there's a lot of magic there and you can't shot them all down surely

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I'm not sure on the "we have too many talls" line. In an AFL sense, a 'tall' is normally a ruckman or a key position player (in the old fashioned sense). I don't see any of Buddy, Goodsey or to a lesser extent Reid being 'talls', as they are pretty mobile with good hands when the ball's on the deck. They certainly aren't lumbering talls who are next to useless when the balls on the ground or when required to place defensive pressure.

So our lineup including Tippett, Buddy, Goodsey and Reid up forward (or elsewhere around the ground) shouldn't be considered to have too many talls, as some of these guys are particularly mobile and skillful (which makes Goodsey and Buddy such special talents). I'm looking forward to seeig them all out there.
    I agree,
    A lot of the time, commentators will comment on the large number of 'talls' when they should be talking about how most of the team struggle in the wet regardless of height.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    It pissed down in Pyrmont mid-afternoon. But of course, you know better, we must have imagined it...
    Not where I was mate. I was in Glebe and there was just a sprinkle. I know they are just down the road but didn't get much at all and hardly any at all if any at Lilyfield. Depends on where you are. You at Pyrmont, me Glebe at time. Not heavy at Glebe just a sprinkle. By the way why the animosity? Are you normally a rude person?

Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    I live next to Olympic Park and there was no rain in the area yesterday or today.
    Another tick for ANZ, eh mr koala?

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    The BOM website shows no rain west of Ashfield over last 24 hours. Today's rain is predicted for the coastal fringe. Anyone from that area to confirm?
    Just hope that the mids and HB line go super hard tonight. Tall timber in forward 50 does not win games.
    I'm worried about the bench and who goes sub. It will be Lloyd, I guess, but I'd love to have him running the whole game. No point in having either Reid or KT as sub; perhaps Goodes for impact in late third quarter? Go hard Bloods.
    We had enough rain overnight at Lilyfield to cause a wet spot on my balcony but that was a out it. No big wet on the roads, no wet cat (he always likes to get soaking wet on rainy days so I have to wipe him off on the bath mat, the mat is his idea not mine). So no rain as yet this morning since 9am here. That may be different in different parts of Sydney.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    We had enough rain overnight at Lilyfield to cause a wet spot on my balcony but that was a out it. No big wet on the roads, no wet cat (he always likes to get soaking wet on rainy days so I have to wipe him off on the bath mat, the mat is his idea not mine). So no rain as yet this morning since 9am here. That may be different in different parts of Sydney.
    Are you sure it wasn't the cat who left the wet spot?

SwansTV: Swans Weekly R8 - sydneyswans.com.au

anyone else notice Tanya's new hairdo?

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Are you normally a rude person?
    Not normally, usually just to pompous knobs who annoy the @@@@ out of me...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast