Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 8, Sydney v Hawthorn

Senior Player
    Are we watching the same Malceski?

Great win. Was against a rope side, but for perspective, they were decimated by injury. Many of our guys are still underdone. If we'd kicked straight, it'd have been a slaughter. Still hard to know where we're really at. But we can only beat who the Hawks were able to put on the park & we earned & deserved the 4 points.

Veterans List
    Good win, should never have been in doubt except for poor kicking.

I think it showed our "Land of the Giants" forward line will be massive for us once they are all match fit.

The mixed bag of back up rucks did ok so reckon we stay with just one ruckman (Pyke) going forward and fit in an extra runner.

So in summary, midfield is as good as any in the comp, forward line could be the best, defence solid, and just need Pyke to get up to 2013 speed for us to be a real threat.

Plus ressie players pushing for senior selection - nice :-)

Too early in the year to read into the longer term impact of tonight, but we definitely deserved the win and it was our best win of the year! We are on the right path but we need to go on and win again next week!

Stressful but enjoyable game, made it a lot harder than it should of been.
    It will be very exciting to see our match fit team and forwards gelling together against a fully fit Hawthorn side

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I think he is having another great year and by gee he likes kicking great goals against the hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    malceski has lost it!
    This year has not been his best by a long shot.
    Time for a time in the seconds
    Are you kidding??? He has been one of our better players all year and again tonight. Great in the last quarter.

Suspended by the MRP
    It would have been awful if we had lost the games after all those opportunities and Hawks injuries. We will take the win, but any team without Mitchell, Lake, Hodge and Rioli is significantly weaker. They will be tougher next time around.

Very excited to see our four prong tall attack. Goodes was quieter than last week, but is building match fitness. Reid competed very well (5 tackles) and got back some of his touch and fitness. He can play in a very flexible manner with Tippett and Buddy in the same forward line. Tippett and Buddy look like they are going to give the Swans a wonderful combination. It was good to see Tippett do some ruckwork and take some wonderful contested marks.

Tom D has silenced his critics. Showing the tenacity and fighting sprit that Bondi locals are famous for, he did a wonderful job against those two big ruckman.

@@@@ yeah!!!!!!!!!'

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    He's the new Tom Derrickx

And it would be pretty hard to knock TomD tonight
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I loved Sammy Reids game and Jetts work rate was the best i've ever seen from him. Tom D is a real swan. Great win boys, a really valuable 4 points!
    Yep, well said Aard...

You can add Lukey Parker to your list....Once again, when it mattered, he presented. I'm just loving the way he plays.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast