Thread: Jumper designs

Jumper designs

I had a Crows supporting friend message me "When you look at it objectively I think the swans jumper is a bit lame with the shape of an opera house on it. I would much rather the traditional v..."
    Now, being a passionate Swans fan I pointed out that it's an iconic Sydney landmark that a new Sydney market could identify with, while preserving the history with a descrete reference to the red V.
    I also pointed out that the Crows had many pretty ordinary jumper designs in their short history, to which my friend responded "At least we don't have a rediculous shapes building on our guernsey...)"
    Got me thinking, if the other teams in the AFL decided to change a jumper so that it reflected some iconic feature of their region, what would each of them have?
    For the Crows, I proposed ...

Gold star to whoever can identify what iconic Adelaide feature this pays tribute to.

And for the record, I LOVE our jumper!
    Last edited by goswannies; 18th May 2014 at 08:50 PM.

Hmmm I'm still thinking about your question.

But our next match against Geelong will be the opening match of the indigenous round. I understand that all clubs will be wearing specially designed jumpers for the round. Last year I think only Richmond did this and I remember being really impressed by the indigenous motifs on their diagonal stripe.

Some of the clubs have already released their designs but the Swans haven't as far as I am aware. I am really looking forward to seeing it. I wonder if Adam, Jets and Buddy have had input into the design (as some of the indigenous players at other clubs have done into theirs).

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I had a Crows supporting friend message me "When you look at it objectively I think the swans jumper is a bit lame with the shape of an opera house on it. I would much rather the traditional v..."
    Now, being a passionate Swans fan I pointed out that it's an iconic Sydney landmark that a new Sydney market could identify with, while preserving the history with a descrete reference to the red V.
    I also pointed out that the Crows had many pretty ordinary jumper designs in their short history, to which my friend responded "At least we don't have a rediculous shapes building on our guernsey...)"
    Got me thinking, if the other teams in the AFL decided to change a jumper so that it reflected some iconic feature of their region, what would each of them have?

Gold star to whoever can identify what iconic Adelaide feature this pays tribute to.

I too like the jumper as it is: traditional V with the Opera House fitted in. Two cities, one team.
    And as for the Crows -go the fruit tingles!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Adelaide Festival Centre, one circle the Festival Theatre, the other the Dunstan Playhouse?

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Adelaide Festival Centre, one circle the Festival Theatre, the other the Dunstan Playhouse?
    Oooh lateral & outside the box, I like your thinking ... but not quite.

For your efforts here are some clues

1) big & shiny
    2) common place to meet
    3) located in the city
    4) 4.3m
    5) 1977

Oooh lateral & outside the box, I like your thinking ... but not quite.

For your efforts here are some clues

1) big & shiny
    2) common place to meet
    3) located in the city
    4) 4.3m
    5) 1977
    Ah ha! The "Mall's Balls"!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Ah ha! The "Mall's Balls"!
    Gold star for Meg!!!
    My friend did not approve

The more if think about it, the better our Opera House looks

So, back to my original question what iconic silhouettes could other clubs use?

Might submit my Mall's Balls design next time the Crows are looking for an alternative gurnsey

Q: what iconic silhouettes could other clubs use?

A few suggestions to get your design skills into action:

Port Adelaide - Black Diamond Corner
    Gold Coast - Lifesavers' Tower
    Fremantle - Wharf Crane
    Carlton - Lyon Street Cafe
    St Kilda - St Kilda Pier
    Melbourne - Melbourne Tram
    GWS - Olympic Flame (now a waterfall) Homebush
    Brisbane - A Bucket of Tears

Don't know if its my bad mind or my dislike of Adelaide - both the town and the football team, I thought it was the Snowtown barrels (and yes I do know that Snowtown is out of Adelaide, still it is South Australia)!

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Don't know if its my bad mind or my dislike of Adelaide - both the town and the football team, I thought it was the Snowtown barrels (and yes I do know that Snowtown is out of Adelaide, still it is South Australia)!
    Ooohh! Bad mind AND dislike of Adelaide. But come to think of it, it does look a bit like barrels ........

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Hehe silver star effort!