Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 7: Sydney Swans Reserves v UWS Giants

I was watching ROK (and every time he got the ball, the barrage of Peb Peb Peb went up, its a good call name) and thought to myself, here's another Brett Alison/Jared Crouch. He was coaching the team like mad, and LRT was directing things around as well. Probably why Peb's stats may not have been high. That and the fact that he tended to leave the other boys to practice doing the hard yards.

Impressed by Paddy Mitchell. He was being given some stick by skinny kids who should have known better and he got right into them. OK, not much at kicking, but seems to have a trusty hand ball, and tap down work was coming along fine.

Ground anouncer couldn't make up his mind how to pronounce Nankervis, but my goodness he is a good looking lad. Big, and good looking.

Lloyd Perris was imho hot and cold, love Shane Biggs, and Xavier Richards is so safe and smart.

I nearly forgot Allir Allir. We have got a keeper there. He has skills. To be honed of course, but he has a certain amount of "it" factor that can't be taught. Must be encouraged and nurtured. Not quite like looking at MickyO on the move, but you get the picture.

Just as an aside: I have distinct reservations about T Head as a toppie. Anyone? I have sung his praises previously, but not today.

Rohan was playing a bit anxious. He had spurts of speed and not too many brain fades. Has cultivated a dolly mop of hair and I am not sure it works. Anyway back to the task at hand. He wasn't playing quite like a senior - yet. I get the feeling that if he gets frustrated, he will be on the move. But who would you drop to fit him in?

I do like Membrey. I really do. He seems to be growing, up and into, his place at the Swans. I like him a lot.

Tommy Mitchell, I have seen him play better, but the opposition .... well.... Can't say much when their score stayed the same for the last three quarters, can you.

Jared Crouch is a good coach. A very good coach. He looks to be nurturing quite a good side.
    Last edited by Primmy; 10th May 2014 at 01:45 PM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I was wondering if GWS would play Cameron in their reserves side, given that the reason he's said not to be playing in the senior side is because he can't fly at the moment (after an ear operation). Obviously they've decided he's better off having a rest than terrorising X or Aliir.
    He had a perforated eardrum. His balance would be stuffed.

I agree with all the comments on the team performance. just a few things.

Pat Mitchell is showing plenty. But still hasn't quite got the hang of kicking. A couple of pie floaters at goal that floated toward the point posts. But he will learn. It will be good to see his progress by the end of the year.

Tommy Mitchell got plenty of ball but a few times I thought he tried to over think it, doing the fancy stuff when simple would have done.

I thought Gazza was pretty good. He hit the ball really hard and stuff anyone in his way. Not quite there yet but getting there.

George Hewitt while not as dominating today (he was heavily tagged) is all class. That goal he kicked was heaven and a couple of his passes were elite.

Toby continues to grow, metaphorically not figuratively. He bullied their rucks, followers and runners into submission. Then he turned on the Toby show taking some great marks and setting play up. great game from the lad.

Biggsy was really good again. What more can I say but that he baked the ball a few times. But that in the end didn't matter as his evasive skills and ability to extract us from danger time and again made those mistakes look puerile.

Zac Jones. bloody hell have we got one here. Hard as a steel rod. Crikey this bloke hits it hard. The other thing is he is really starting to show some of the class we heard he had. Some really beautifulk long raking passes and a few dinky short ones that were just divine.

ROK was great and showed the way for the young kids, directing them and playing dad.

LRT. Same as ROK played ok without being a star but stage managed the show in the forwardline. Directed the forward pressure and ensured everyone was doing their job.

Membrey was good as usual. he is a talent and I can't wait to see what he can do at senior level.

Towers. Deano played pretty well but he was inaccurate in front of the sticks. He is a very strong mark and at one stage UWS had four players flying against him and he still msanaged to bring the ball to ground, good effort that.

Perris looked a bit lost yesterday and his delivery, normally a feature of his game, was really off.

Tommy Walsh battled hard without being a huge factor. He had a reasonable comeback. Will be better for the run.

Xav is pretty good and gives the opposition nothing.

Aliir is bloody dynamic. I loved his game and he does the most unbelievable things. one day I would love to see him just back himself and then we will see something special. He seems to be building up to something. When he gets full confidence in his abilities watch out AFL opposition teams.

Matty Dick gets the ball a lot but makes a lot of really bad decisions and he is not the best kick in the NEAFL. If he had used the ball well he may well have made my best but he baked it too often and just seemed to get lost on occasions and make really bad decisions.

Jordan Lockyer. He was serviceable. Made a few glaring errors but generally was ok.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks wolfie - appreciated.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

thanks Wolf
    any comments on Marsh
    Is he starting to impose himself a little more in the clearance areas ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    You can get stats off the Footy Live App (not the official AFL Live app just to be confusing)

ROK 36 touches 6 marks 7 tackles
    T.MItchell 20 touches 1 mark 7 tackles

Ugg, where do you find this on the Footy Live app? I've tried to find it with no luck..

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezball View Post
    Ugg, where do you find this on the Footy Live app? I've tried to find it with no luck..
    should be on the App Store. By sportsmate if that helps

should be on the App Store. By sportsmate if that helps
    Sorry, I probably wasn't very clear, I mean where do you find the reserves stats on the Footy Live app? I have the app.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezball View Post
    Sorry, I probably wasn't very clear, I mean where do you find the reserves stats on the Footy Live app? I have the app.
    Oh right, you have to change the competition to "NEAFL" and then it's under the "Players" tab.

Veterans List
    This is the first time the much talked-about forward line of 4 talls: LRT-Nankervis-Walsh-Membrey will be playing together!
    Gold.

Veterans List
    Liking the sound of these reports as it seems we have a lot of talent pushing up. List changes at the end of the year will be interesting to say the least.

One of the (many) things I enjoyed reading in the reports above were the references to the onfield coaching role taken on by ROK. I have also read a couple of articles about Lloyd in which he expresses his gratitude to ROK (who apparently is his Swans mentor) for his support and advice.

It sounds as if ROK has responded to his drop from the seniors as a true club man. I have huge respect for that, it is not an easy thing to do.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast