Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 7: Sydney Swans Reserves v UWS Giants

I missed it but apparently Stury Dew on 3aw said ROK understood where he was at intimating he was unlikely to play again without serious injuries

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Oh right, you have to change the competition to "NEAFL" and then it's under the "Players" tab.
    Excellent! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    I missed it but apparently Stury Dew on 3aw said ROK understood where he was at intimating he was unlikely to play again without serious injuries
    I have always been impressed now I am super impressed. To play nearly 300 games and add real value in the 2nd's well done and thanks

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    I have always been impressed now I am super impressed. To play nearly 300 games and add real value in the 2nd's well done and thanks
    Hear, hear.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    thanks Wolf
    any comments on Marsh
    Is he starting to impose himself a little more in the clearance areas ?
    Just wondering if we have any further comments on Marsh in last weeks ressies game i missed ?

In particular second efforts and ability to clear from the ruck?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    With ROK and T.Mitchell in the team, coupled with other options in Robinson and Hewett, Marsh has played less of an inside role as of late. He started on a wing for numerous centre bounces.

The report against Brisbane reserves was that he played a role in defence when the Lions were clawing their way back in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    thanks Wolf
    any comments on Marsh
    Is he starting to impose himself a little more in the clearance areas ?
    He was pretty good. Went back at one stage as the defence had started to leak and immediately had an impact. Very balanced player in the Kennedy vein but I don't think he is as prolific as Joey. Going to be hard for him going forward as Joey doesn't look like a Mac Truck could hurt him, I hope not anyway LOL.

Very disappointed with BJ. He had a game he might like to look at, find out where he is going wrong and contemplate fixing the probs. He hits the ball so hard and fast that sometimes I think his brain only catches up when it is too late. Had as lot of fumbles and brain fades against UWS. Very disappointing and at this stage Membrey & Towers are way ahead no matter BJ's pace. Pace is only good if you don't waste or fumble the ball.

Veteran Site Admin
    NEAFL Wrap: Round 7

Here is Coach Crouch's review. For those worried that Rohan wasn't doing enough, looks like Crouchy was happy with his contribution. Also gives a rap to ROK for the onfield leadership and encouragement that others have commented on in this thread.

BJ has a good highlights reel, but too many lowlights for my liking. He's an impact player over a short period of time, but poor value atm over the course of the game. I'm sure he'll fix up his weakness. He's got a lot of talent and a demanding brother, so he should come good.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

From 0:19 to 1:40

Thanks for that ugg.

Running a copy and paste by me from another Thread re Peb.

He was not moving around the ground, looked to be restricted, even with those lovely legs, and he was directing the kids on where to go etc. How he picked up 30+ is beyond me, but he did. Started to watch him carefully and had a lovely chuckle about we call the Brett Alison Syndrome - senior player in ressies, enthusiastically coaching from within. The guys that do that, witness Henry and Jarrod Crouch, turn out to be coaches. Good ones at that.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Thanks Wolf and others

I worry that his talent, kicking, marking ability isnt being matched with enough hunger to impose himself on gam day

2014 COACHES CALL for Swampy
    His 2013 season was a building year. He played a lot in the midfield at the start of the year and then hamstring injuries finished his season early.

His pre-season has been terrific. He?s definitely been a standout. He came back to the club in very good condition and he obviously had done the work. In his exit interview last year getting himself fit in the off-season was obviously an area of focus, which he clearly took seriously leading into the New Year. In his first time trial, he shaved a lot off his PB and he?s just kept on improving since then.

We hope in 2014 he can really step up. Now his fitness base and aerobic capacity is at a certain level, we want to see him impact games and really push for senior selection. He really looks to be in that boat now so he really needs to start to think about playing senior footy.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast