Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jetta's season

Jetta's season

I'd be interested to hear how RWO rate Jetta's season so far. There hasn't been a lot of talk about him in the media because he isn't kicking a lot of goals, but personally I think he's been fabulous. Here's why; he works hard, he is much harder - he's never been shy of a tackle, but his tackles stick more and seem harder, he seems to have much more "bustle" about him and is more able to win his own ball. He also seems more composed when he receives the ball in traffic.

Veteran Site Admin
    We are witnessing the transformation of him from a flashy two-trick pony (pace and penetrative kicking) into a far more rounded footballer. I think a lot of players go through some kind of transformation process as they mature. Those who want to stay effective need to, because other clubs find ways to limit a damaging player's most damaging weapons unless he can become multi-dimensional.

I get the impression that Jetta is finding the process a little frustrating in the sense that he'd much rather just be able to bound along the wing kicking goals, like he did in 2012. We haven't see the same level of joy on his face as for most of that season. But I expect that to return, as well as a return to occasional bounding down the wing, kicking goals, once he has mastered the rest of his game.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    We are witnessing the transformation of him from a flashy two-trick pony (pace and penetrative kicking) into a far more rounded footballer. I think a lot of players go through some kind of transformation process as they mature. Those who want to stay effective need to, because other clubs find ways to limit a damaging player's most damaging weapons unless he can become multi-dimensional.
    I agree with this. As I commented elsewhere, Jetta's knock-on to Buddy for that dribble goal in the last quarter against Hawthorn was brilliant. A clever piece of football from a quick thinking footballer. Not sure he would have done that a couple of years ago. Also he seems to have bulked up and is a much stronger tackler than previously.

Jetta is actually assisting a much higher rate of serious chances / goals to other players this year - he has brilliant vision

I really like his season so far........his pressure and second efforts are his best ever.........his matchup is imperative to attract a quick from the other team

His delivery and kick for goal is very good

His combo with Buddy is building.........plus when they combine they almost kick the length of the field between them which helps our coast to coast counter attack massively
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

He's learning how to win more of the footy. He's had over 20 touches several time this year. When it all clicks for him and he's able to combine all his talents into consistent footy, it will be spectacular to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I agree with this. As I commented elsewhere, Jetta's knock-on to Buddy for that dribble goal in the last quarter against Hawthorn was brilliant. A clever piece of football from a quick thinking footballer. Not sure he would have done that a couple of years ago. Also he seems to have bulked up and is a much stronger tackler than previously.
    I remember a pretty handy knock-on a couple of years ago in a rather important game.

His physical transformation would make stephen dank proud.

Blog Entries
    His little quick step routine resulted in the first goal against the Hawks.

Seems to me he has been idling his engine for several games. Possibly still regaining some fitness. Possibly transforming as Liz has stated, or both.
    The last few weeks he seems to have warmed up the engine as has been making a significant impact on the game.

Agree with all of the above. On Friday night he was moving back and forward all night with hard running.

He is stronger, is tackling more and is still a great kick. He is a very smart footballer and I am wrapped to see him performing like this as he is playing his role perfectly.

He may not be kicking as many goals as in 2012 but I think he is a better team footballer.

Agree with all the above...His vision and field kicking have been superb...

His bulking up has probably cost him a yard or 2, but given the transformation in his game, it's definitely worth it. And should make him a more durable player.

His defensive work, and tackling, have gone up about 100 notches from where it was.

Whether it's under instruction or not, he certainly seems more inclined to look for a penetrating kick than to tuck the ball and go, and the results are keeping opposition defenders in 2 minds when he gets the pill in space.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    I remember a pretty handy knock-on a couple of years ago in a rather important game.
    +1!

Senior Player
    Otherwise, yeah i agree. Definitely adding strings to his bow. Some growing pains here and there, but he is much better for it I think. Alot more aggressive and involved more due to this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast