Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Round 7: Sydney Swans Reserves v UWS Giants

Veteran Site Admin
    Some players take longer than others. Some lose their opportunity (ie their club gives up on them before they are ready); others get lucky and someone keeps the faith. Bear in mind that Kennedy took several years to establish himself as a senior player, and that was after a change of club.

Regular in the Side
    Horse commented on ROK's situation - Swans great Ryan O'Keefe being squeezed from overflowing midfield
    After the reserves game last Friday, most of the young players were at section 127 watching the seniors playing but no sight of ROK and LRT

I love the youngsters coming through in our reserves. Membrey, Towers, Jack, Rohan, Mitchell, Nankervis, Perris all have very bright futures at our club IMO and will take over from our veterans when they retire.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Horse commented on ROK's situation - Swans great Ryan O'Keefe being squeezed from overflowing midfield
    After the reserves game last Friday, most of the young players were at section 127 watching the seniors playing but no sight of ROK and LRT
    ROK was there at least for a substantial part of the game, looked very cheerful and was happy to interact with fans.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

ROK and Jared Crouch must be good mates given their partnership in Premiership Quarter taking cycling tours to Asia. Hopefully that has made the transition easier for ROK going from the seniors to the reserves and reserves' mentor role.

Crouch and O'Keefe launch Premiership Quarter - sydneyswans.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    NEAFL Wrap: Round 7

Here is Coach Crouch's review. For those worried that Rohan wasn't doing enough, looks like Crouchy was happy with his contribution. Also gives a rap to ROK for the onfield leadership and encouragement that others have commented on in this thread.
    I don't know where they got the idea Rohan didn't do enough. I thought he hit the packs really hard and ran the ball well. He is still not at his best but boy he is getting closer & closer every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Thanks Wolf and others

I worry that his talent, kicking, marking ability isnt being matched with enough hunger to impose himself on gam day

2014 COACHES CALL for Swampy
    His 2013 season was a building year. He played a lot in the midfield at the start of the year and then hamstring injuries finished his season early.

His pre-season has been terrific. He?s definitely been a standout. He came back to the club in very good condition and he obviously had done the work. In his exit interview last year getting himself fit in the off-season was obviously an area of focus, which he clearly took seriously leading into the New Year. In his first time trial, he shaved a lot off his PB and he?s just kept on improving since then.

We hope in 2014 he can really step up. Now his fitness base and aerobic capacity is at a certain level, we want to see him impact games and really push for senior selection. He really looks to be in that boat now so he really needs to start to think about playing senior footy.
    I think I rather agree AG. He has enormous talent and I am a bit worried about his second efforts & one percenters. He goes in and out of the game rather than being consistent. He seems to drop off a lot but when he was put in the backline he was magnificent. Matty Dick went to the mids and was far better there than he was giving the ball up in the backs. Maybe they need to change around.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    NEAFL MVP votes
    Sydney Swans vs UWS Giants
    9 Toby Nankervis Sydney Swans
    7 Matthew Dick Sydney Swans
    6 Daniel Robinson Sydney Swans
    4 Brandon Jack Sydney Swans
    2 Dean Towers Sydney Swans
    1 Ryan O'Keefe Sydney Swans
    1 Rory Lobb UWS Giants

I'm fairly certain the only possible breakdown is
    5 Nankervis, Dick
    4 B.Jack, Nankervis
    3 Robinson, Robinson
    2 Dick, Towers
    1 Lobb, ROK

Guessing the umpires were the ones that gave BJ a 4, since he wasn't mentioned in the NEAFL Wrap this week. But then again, Rohan was "Player of the Week" and received no votes here so who knows?

MVP Leaderboard as at Round 7
    34 Matthew Payne Aspley
    26 Daniel Robinson Sydney Swans
    26 Alwyn Davey NT Thunder
    22 Aaron Vandenberg Ainslie
    21 Jason Burge Southport
    20 Luke Shreeve Southport
    19 Timothy Barton Sydney University
    19 Sean Ellis Ainslie
    18 Benjamin Rioli NT Thunder

Goalkicker Leaderboard as at Round 7
    21 Tim Membrey Sydney Swans