Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 7: Sydney Swans Reserves v UWS Giants

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks ugg, excellent work as always.
    And what a powerful looking team - I hope they wipe the floor with the enemy! And terrific to see Tommy Walsh back on the park; there's still hope for the future.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    You would think at this stage, that the following players who are midfield/flanker/forward types would come back into the seniors ahead of ROK.

- Tom Mitchell
    - Brandon Jack
    - Garry Rohan
    - Dene Towers
    If we're talking about a purely inside midfield role, which I was, then only Mitchell would work in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Nice intertextuality!
    Gawd the things you learn on RWO! Have you been waiting a while to use that one Liz?

Intertextuality is the shaping of a text's meaning by another text. Intertextual figures include: allusion, quotation, calque, plagiarism, translation, pastiche and ...

I was going for calque! Glad I nailed it.

Thanks Ugg, great info as always. One minor point - Tommy Walsh tore his hamstring off the bone against Essendon in round 10 last year playing for the seniors (not NEAFL ). It was at the SCG and it was horrible to watch. He was playing very well at the time which made it even sadder for him as he had battled to get a spot at senior level. So I hope he has a great match in the reserves today, it has been a long and undoubtedly painful rehabilitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Thanks Ugg, great info as always. One minor point - Tommy Walsh tore his hamstring off the bone against Essendon in round 10 last year playing for the seniors (not NEAFL ). It was at the SCG and it was horrible to watch. He was playing very well at the time which made it even sadder for him as he had battled to get a spot at senior level. So I hope he has a great match in the reserves today, it has been a long and undoubtedly painful rehabilitation.
    Ah yes, thanks. I mixed it up with a shoulder injury he suffered in the NEAFL.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Gawd the things you learn on RWO! Have you been waiting a while to use that one Liz?

Intertextuality is the shaping of a text's meaning by another text. Intertextual figures include: allusion, quotation, calque, plagiarism, translation, pastiche and ...
    I am actually sitting at home writing (or trying) to write an essay due on Sunday for an Open University course I am doing on English Literature. This is the first time I have formally studied literature since age 16 (a long time ago!) and my head is swimming with all the various technical terms that academics come up with to discuss literature. Intertexuality is a rather pervasive one! So when I read Ugg's reference (as a form of procrastination from essay research) it was an immediate response...

Suspended by the MRP
    Has a Swans senior player or rookie listed player ever been dropped from the Swans Reserves in favour of a top up player?

Could a top up player like Jack Hilscox win the reserves B and F due to the movement of players between the seniors and reserves?

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I am actually sitting at home writing (or trying) to write an essay due on Sunday for an Open University course I am doing on English Literature. This is the first time I have formally studied literature since age 16 (a long time ago!) and my head is swimming with all the various technical terms that academics come up with to discuss literature. Intertexuality is a rather pervasive one! So when I read Ugg's reference (as a form of procrastination from essay research) it was an immediate response...
    Hi Liz, is it ok if I get you write my reports for work, please? I am sure to earn brownie points for use of correct grammar as well as come across all erudite sort of thing.

Could a top up player like Jack Hilscox win the reserves B and F due to the movement of players between the seniors and reserves?
    Andrew Bomford won the '96 reserves B&F as a supplementary player. Won it by a street as well, in a side which lost a prelim by a kick or two and was CLEARLY one of the best two ressies side of the year, along with Norf.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

I don't think there's a Reserves B&F anymore. Not officially anyway.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Has a Swans senior player or rookie listed player ever been dropped from the Swans Reserves in favour of a top up player?
    I can't see why we would ever do that.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast