Thread: Article on Morton

Article on Morton

Interesting article on Morton, his time at the Swans and where he's at now:

Why Sydney flag changed Morton - The West Australian

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like Mitch, thanks for posting that- I would never have found it myself. I liked the line "I don't really have ambitions to be the best player here or certainly dominate. I'm not here to prove anything. I'm just here to make this club a better place."- you wouldn't get a lot of guys first year out of the AFL system being so honest.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    He's playing with Bevo!

He's been nothing but complementary since he's left and nobody here will every forget what he gave us in that premiership. That last line -wow, he sounds so much like a Swan there. Good luck to him.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks DK_, absorbing article. And brought a tear to the eye, to read what he has gained from Sydney. Good luck to him, and all credit to our boys, and coaches (who are boys as far as I'm concerned!).
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

No problem. He's one of my favourite players to have pulled on the red and white. Great to know he's left on such great terms. Hopefully he's got a son who he'll send east in a few years!